Dinosaur Jr. Tour

Watt didn't disappoint with his crew: debuted lotsa new stuff, peppered with more Minutemen tunes than I've heard him play in the past. (toadies, anxious mo fo, cheerleaders, and a very very excellent version of The Glory of Man)

I've been reading Watt's (and band's) tour diary. Sounds like they've been enjoying opening for Dinosaur. That's cool that you got to hear some new stuff. Those guys are in the studio right now working on the new album. So, Watt has the Black Gang album with Nels all wrapped up and now this one. I'm glad to see Watt working his own bands again after so long working as a sideman (sidemouse), though it's too bad Ron Asheton's death was the impetus.

I wish I could've made it to the Lancaster show. I grew up in Lebanon and my parents still live there, so I've been to a few shows at the Chameleon and remember how tiny it is. I especially wanted to see Watt. He's playing in New York and Philly this weekend, too, but I need to get as much as my final grading done so I can go see Nels in New York Sunday night.

saw the charleston, sc show. nearly sold out the music farm, 500 or so person venue. mike watt was awesome, loved the stooges' fun house cover, barely recognized it.

dino jr were good but not great. they were really loud, though. no surprise there. the pa at the music farm was replaced a couple of years ago and it is massive. add that to the band's arsenal of amps and they were louder than jucifer.

• 2 years later...

Dinosaur Jr. is playing Bug in it's entirety. Also, they brought along Henry Rollins to interview them before they play. Which must be sort of weird. You get all geared up for the show when the band appears on stage, and instead, the show starts off with a bunch of gray haired dudes talking.

Dinosaur Jr @ Variety Playhouse 6/26/11

• 2 weeks later...

Dinosaur Jr. is playing Bug in it's entirety. Also, they brought along Henry Rollins to interview them before they play. Which must be sort of weird. You get all geared up for the show when the band appears on stage, and instead, the show starts off with a bunch of gray haired dudes talking.

Dinosaur Jr @ Variety Playhouse 6/26/11

I was at the first show of this tour.

The opening act was awful. it wasnt the ones that are listed in this review...

I dont even remember their name and i want to forget the 45 minutes I had to listen to their shitty music.

Also. I was really really digging the Henry Rollins interview. He interviewed them for about 15ish minutes it was really awkward and entertaining. and then they all walked off stage, the roadies set up J's pedals and they came on.

they blew through Bug really really fast. Except for "Dont" they riffed HARD on that for a long time. Lou blew out his vocal chords at this show and threw the mic in the audience and my friend, myself, and a bunch of other people were fighting over who would scream "WHY DONT YOU LIKE ME?!" to be heard by everyone else. I guess they've been grabbing people from the audience to sing on that now.

After that they played a 2 song encore (Out There and Feel the Pain) and that was it.

What the hell? I know none of them like Bug... but they only played for just shy of an hour!

Not worth the $25. but i still really enjoyed myself.

What the hell? I know none of them like Bug... but they only played for just shy of an hour!

Not worth the $25. but i still really enjoyed myself.

Lou has said at his solo shows that J typically only has 14-15 songs in the set list nowadays with only one of those being Lou's. I saw J solo a few months back and it was short, albeit great set.

Lou has said at his solo shows that J typically only has 14-15 songs in the set list nowadays with only one of those being Lou's. I saw J solo a few months back and it was short, albeit great set.

J. played over 90 minutes here in Minneapolis

Thumb

Listen To Me

Several Shades Of Why

Circle Of Friends (Edie Brickell)

Ocean In The Way

Get Me

Not The Same

Not Enough (w/Kurt Vile)

Make It Right (w/Kurt Vile)

Ammaring

Flying Cloud

Can I

Not You Again

Is It Done

Quest (Encore)

The Wagon (Encore)

Little Furry Things (Encore)

Pretty much the exact same set when I saw him a few months back. J seems to have a set way of doing things and, by golly, sticking to them. Lou does a great impression of J thinking about letting him adding one more song to a dinosaur set list. Classic stuff.

• 5 months later...