Pitchfork Music Festival 2009

The National, Frightened Rabbit, & The Pains of Being Pure at Heart are likely all playing it.

lineup should be announced in the next 2 weeks

given the love for the last 2 by PF i had figured they would be. heard the rumor about the national before. id like to see handsome furs play there too

From Greg Kot.

Reunited Jesus Lizard to open Pitchfork festival with set list handpicked by fans

The reunited Jesus Lizard will play its first hometown show in 11 years July 17 at the Pitchfork Music Festival in Union Park, promoters will announce Friday.

The noise-rock quartet broke up in 1999, but the original lineup of David Yow, Duane Denison, David Wm. Sims, and Mac McNeilly has announced plans to play a handful of shows this year while their label, Touch & Go, reissues much of their back catalogue.

The Jesus Lizard will be part of an opening-night festival lineup that also includes Built to Spill, Tortoise and Yo La Tengo. Each of the bands will play a set handpicked by fans. Anyone who buys a ticket starting March 13 will receive an email providing a link to a web page where they can vote on which songs they

Friday night is f'n amazing so far...

I think that's the entire Friday lineup, though I could be wrong about that. Either way...Sonic Youth on Saturday or Sunday would be enough to get me to go regardless of the other bands on those days.

Are those Saturday/Sunday bands the headliners? If so, that is kind of weak to me. Because I do not much care about any of them. The only one I would want to see would be the National.

Pretty sure they're just the first announced, not the headliners. They'll slowly roll the lineup out like they did the last few years.

I think that's the entire Friday lineup, though I could be wrong about that.

I think you're right; in years past when Friday was Don't Look Back, there were only three bands on Friday night.

The lineup isn't doing much for me just yet, but I'm sure I'll warm up to it by July.

Come on people, how can you not be excited (and Im far from an aging hipster)? This Fri night lineup is EPIC.

the almighty Jesus Lizard (!!)

Yo La Tengo

Tortoise

Built to Spill

All the sets are determined via online voting

I dont even care about Sat/Sun at this point, as I dont see them coming anywhere close.

Friday night is f'n amazing so far...
Yea, it is..bunch of old timers...nice work on Pitchforks part....

Getting the Jesus Lizard back together is a coup.

I hope to be back selling vinyl in the tent so I have somewhere to go, otherwise I may just go Friday and skip the rest.

LouieB

I really hope that The National give Chicago a proper show instead of a one-off festival show -- they haven't done so since September 2007.

that was also their last proper US tour ;)

while they haven't been headlining shows, they've played Chicago way more in the last 2 years than Minneapolis :P

that was also their last proper US tour ;)

while they haven't been headlining shows, they've played Chicago way more in the last 2 years than Minneapolis :P

Yeah, but the drummer's on record as saying that he doesn't care for Chicago that much, so I'm extra sensitive and paranoid.

Yeah, but the drummer's on record as saying that he doesn't care for Chicago that much, so I'm extra sensitive and paranoid.

meh, he's just the drummer anyway, they have no say in matters ;)

I got this email this morning.

Don't Miss the Pitchfork Music Festival 2009!

Dear Friend,

As you purchased tickets in the past for the Pitchfork Music Festival, we thought you may be interested in learning that this year's festival will take place on Friday, July 17 through Sunday, July 19, 2009. The location remains the same -- Union Park, Chicago, IL -- and the tickets will go on sale this Friday, March 13 at noon CDT. There will be a limited number of 2-day and 3-day passes for sale, which are not expected to last long. This year's prices will be:

-$75 for a 3-day pass

-$60 for a Saturday/Sunday 2-day pass

-$35 per day for single day tickets

Since you're kind enough to still be reading this email, we figured that it is only fair to give you some incentive therefore if you purchase tickets by 11:59pm CT on Sunday March 15th, you will be entered into a random drawing to get your order upgraded to VIP passes!! Only people who receive this email will be eligible. Three winners will be selected and notified on Tuesday, March 17. Winners names will be posted on our website.

Now for the lineup, here is the first round of announced acts for this year's festival!

Friday

Write The Night: Set List by Request with Built to Spill, the Jesus Lizard, Yo La Tengo, & Tortoise

Saturday

The National, Pharoahe Monch, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart & more to come

Sunday

Grizzly Bear, The Walkmen, Vivian Girls, & more to come

More to be announced soon! We hope to see you there, and if you think your friends might be interested in this event, feel free to forward on this message.

Buy tickets beginning Friday, March 13 at noon CDT.

http://www.ticketweb.com/snl/EventListings...&REFID=mm09

For more information about the Pitchfork Music Festival 2009 and to keep up to date with Line-up announcements, please visit: www.pitchforkmusicfestival.com

Thank you for your time and we hope to see you at Union Park in July!

Sincerely,

Your friends at Pitchfork Music Festival!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...