Jon Stewart destroys Mad Money's Jim Cramer

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bunk, I was just yakking about this in the RTT, then I come across this. Well done. :thumbup

Stewart KILLED it, man. That was so awesome I almost could not believe it.

I honestly almost cried. It was that powerful.

Indeed. The thing Jon called him out for has to resonate with anyone who has watched their 401k sink like a stone. This is people's livelihoods we're talking about here. It isn't some goddamn game.

I already posted about this is another thread and 'the bunk' did not use the search function.

What?

So, uh, can I see it on that site? Or is this a waiting thing for a while?

As it aired, they kept flashing a 'watch the whole interview at thedailyshow.com' graphic.

Maybe I'm not trying hard enough but I don't hate Jim Cramer

Note: I didn't see the interview yet.

Stewart made it clear multiple times that he had a problem with CNBC in general and not specifically cramer, although he did rip into cramer specifically since he was the one on the show.

Stewart made it clear multiple times that he had a problem with CNBC in general and not specifically cramer, although he did rip into cramer specifically since he was the one on the show.

SHIT!! I don't hate CNBC either. I must be broken.

Boy did that feel good to watch. He dropped a few appropriate F-bombs. Wow, that was some damning video he had of Jim Cramer.

Good old Neon makes a great point. Why can't we see an interview like that on Meet the Press instead of the hour of ass kissing you get now.

Stewart sure has an articulate way of making someone look bad.

That was the best interview I've seen in a long time. And to think, it took someone on Comedy Central to make these points. I think when people come on The Daily Show, 9 out of 10 don't realize that Jon Stewart is an extremely intelligent person who clearly does his homework.

And to think, it took someone on Comedy Central to make these points.

That's what i was thinking while watching it. It was like the press conference the Grateful Dead did before their rainforest benefit in '87 where Garcia said, "someone has to do something and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us." :lol

You'll be watching that again.

This is what the website says right now:

stewart.png

So, I see they used some of that vid in the Stewart interview. They used one of the parts where he expressly recommended what I gather to be illegal manipulation of the market. They used the part where he said he wouldn't say this stuff on tv (to which he lamely replied that he was on tv during the current interview).

They did not use the part where he recommended getting bullshit rumors into the press--including CNBC! They did not use the part where he kinda sorta endorsed price fixing.