Jeff and Pete Seeger

I would strongly recommend picking up Ry Cooder's new album "My Name is Buddy," which celebrates the dust-bowl ballads of his early days, and features Cooder's son, as well as Pete Seegar and brother Mike, Flaco Jimenez and Van Dyke Parks. In includes stories for each song, and related charcoal sketches. Green Dog is incredible.

Is it just me or is Rolling Stone starting to treat Tweedy like rock royalty? It seems like they have been on him like flies on crap lately. Don't get me wrong, I think it is cool for Tweedy to be placed in this light, but just wierd.

my parents took me probably to a dozen Pete Seeger concerts when i was a kid & there was nothing like it

every single person in the audience would sing along, harmonize ... everybody knew all the words & was a part of the music ... was very cool

pete had an amazing voice back then and was an incredible banjo picker

great memories

my parents took me probably to a dozen Pete Seeger concerts when i was a kid & there was nothing like it

My first concert was Pete Seeger when I was about 6 or 7. My parents took the whole family.

(My second concert was the Jerry Garcia Band when I was about 15. Mom and Dad stayed at home for that one.)

Those kids were great -- how about the little boy with the shaved head in the back. He looked like he would have rather been any where else but there. And the girl with the page boy hair cut who yawning.

Jeff and Pete were good, too.

Is it just me or is Rolling Stone starting to treat Tweedy like rock royalty? It seems like they have been on him like flies on crap lately. Don't get me wrong, I think it is cool for Tweedy to be placed in this light, but just wierd.

Isn't he??

LouieB

the kid with the red pants was the man. and the kid with the "recycling" shirt on.

The "recycling" shirt kid did have excellent timing. Was the one in red pants the tall one with jogging pants? I can't believe how those kids remembered all those lyrics.