Now Playing: April, 2009

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tis only my 2nd or 3rd listen but i love it. definitely like it more than the new broken family. having troubles with that one for some reason.

Agree. BFB usually hits it out of the park, yet the new one is not grabbing me much either. Strange.

townescover.jpg

I'm fairly disappointed in this as much as I hate to admit it. I could pretty much go without hearing Allison Moorer ever sing on a Steve Earle song again.

really? i want more of her singing. i love their duets honestly.

I just think she has a pretty generic voice. If you go back and compare it to say, Steve's duet with Lucinda Williams on I Feel Alright, there's no contest.

I enjoy some of the record, but I feel like maybe he's too close to the source to really do anything great with Townes material--most of these just feel like straight ahead covers, thought I do love the duet with his son on "Mr. Mudd and Mr. Gold."

Personally I'd take the Phosphorescent Willie tribute anyday, and this is coming from a HUGE Earle fan.