I assume it's referral to Minaya blaming a newspaper reporter for running a story about Mets VP of Player Development, Tony Bernazard, who was fired today after an internal HR investigation proved the reporter's story to be true. A few weeks back Bernazard was visiting the AA team in Binghamton, where he went bezerk in the clubhouse, cursing the players and ripping off his shirt to challenge the shortstop to a fist fight. Minaya made the claim in today's press conference that the reporter had it in for Bernazard because he, the reporter, had wanted to land a position of employment with the Mets player development department, and going after Bernazard was purely revenge for not being hired. The reporter stated later that he had once asked around the Mets about how one could land a job in baseball. It was a purely journalistic question in which a possible story could have come to fruition. He has no ambition or interest in leaving journalism for baseball.

Bernazard has also had problems with other staff, players and coaches, including Manny Acta, Willie Randolph and Fransisco Rodriguez.

Omar Minaya did not want to fire Tony Bernazard. They go way back and they are tight. He had to fire Tony Bernazard today. Minaya could have avoided today's action by reeling in Bernazard a couple years ago when his ego started to get the better of him.

Oh yeah, that Bernazard story was nuts.

Has Manuel been getting as much shit as Willie Randolph did when he was manager?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not really, not yet. People like him more than they liked Willie, and see Jerry as doing the best he can with a bad bunch, rather than (fairly or un) allowing a division title to slip away via passivity.

Dear red sox fans,

can you convince your front office that you need to get into a bidding war with the Yankees over Cody Ross please? Both teams are interested and talking about trades, but you need to make it get crazy.

I'm counting on you.

Love,

Marlins fan who has accepted that the team is going to trade their best outfielder (and one of the best cfers in baseball (no really)) despite being only 3.5 out of the WC and would like to get as much as possible for him.

Mets made a really bad trade.

Church for franceour?

Franceour is terrible.

This trade hasn't been so terrible so far, bobbob. I am not going to say something ridiculous like Francouer is back to his old self. And I won't judge the outcome of the trade 13 games in (although you judged it 0 games in), but Francouer has done pretty well for himself so far. 3 HRs and 6 multi-hit games. I fully expect this guy to revert back to his crappy self, but so far, he's been a nice surprise. And I get the added bonus of not watching Ryan Church sulk his way through every game.

This trade hasn't been so terrible so far, bobbob. I am not going to say something ridiculous like Francouer is back to his old self. And I won't judge the outcome of the trade 13 games in (although you judged it 0 games in), but Francouer has done pretty well for himself so far. 3 HRs and 6 multi-hit games. I fully expect this guy to revert back to his crappy self, but so far, he's been a nice surprise. And I get the added bonus of not watching Ryan Church sulk his way through every game.

while it's certainly possible that all he needed was a change of scenery, frenchy looked pretty much done. Maybe he's back, but I stand by what i said.

Matsuzaka is not happy in Boston.

"If I'm forced to continue to train in this environment, I may no longer be able to pitch like I did in Japan," Matsuzaka is quoted as saying in a recently published article on the Japanese website Allatanys. "The only reason why I managed to win games during the first and second years [in the United States] was because I used the savings of the shoulder I built up in Japan. Since I came to the Major Leagues, I couldn't train in my own way, so now I've lost all those savings."

Red Sox pitching coach John Farrell defended the team's approach, saying the adjustment in Matsuzaka's regimen was in response to the fatigue that Matsuzaka -- currently on the disabled list with a mild shoulder strain -- experienced adjusting to the majors.

Ugh. I'd been optimistic, but this is it - the Dice-K era will be seen as a colossal fuck-up for the Red Sox.