• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cardinals traded Chris Duncan to the Sox for Julio Lugo and are trying Troy Glaus out in left field during his rehab. Perhaps the Cards' GM should spend his time trying to trade up rather than hanging out in East St. Louis smoking crack.

The Cards did trade up, but they paid dearly. Probably needed a left handed more, but they did get the best hitter available.

I caught a bit of the Phillies/Cards game right when Lugo was up (vibes to the cards) and there was some prankster in the stands shining a laser light or something at Lugo. whole game stopped. I eventually tansitioned away from the channel so I don't know what the upshot was--did they catch the phan who did it? I did see a posse of security guards in the stands....

I caught a bit of the Phillies/Cards game right when Lugo was up (vibes to the cards) and there was some prankster in the stands shining a laser light or something at Lugo. whole game stopped. I eventually tansitioned away from the channel so I don't know what the upshot was--did they catch the phan who did it? I did see a posse of security guards in the stands....

Stay classy, Philly.

Henderson, no doubt a HOFer, but in a 25-year career he changed teams 13 times. Gotta be some kind of record.

Holy shit Josh Willingham. Really glad I added him to my fantasy team yesterday.

He's out OPSing the guy we essentially replaced him in the lineup with (Emilio Bonifacio) by some .350 points.

Lolz.

Jesus, Omar. You passed into Isiah Thomas territory today, and there is not really any coming back from that. Please, cite health or family concerns and step down.

Holy shit Josh Willingham. Really glad I added him to my fantasy team yesterday.

As a Brewers fan, I was watching that game--yet another where the team was Suppaned. That must be one of the five worst contracts in all of baseball.

Jesus, Omar. You passed into Isiah Thomas territory today, and there is not really any coming back from that. Please, cite health or family concerns and step down.

what did Omar do tonight?

I remember when Omar threw a bunch of money at pedro and beltran (who has pretty much performed to any realistic expectations, though I know many mets fans who hate him) and was a great gm. His days should have been numbered two September collapses ago.

what did Omar do tonight?

I remember when Omar threw a bunch of money at pedro and beltran (who has pretty much performed to any realistic expectations, though I know many mets fans who hate him) and was a great gm. His days should have been numbered two September collapses ago.

I assume it's referral to Minaya blaming a newspaper reporter for running a story about Mets VP of Player Development, Tony Bernazard, who was fired today after an internal HR investigation proved the reporter's story to be true. A few weeks back Bernazard was visiting the AA team in Binghamton, where he went bezerk in the clubhouse, cursing the players and ripping off his shirt to challenge the shortstop to a fist fight. Minaya made the claim in today's press conference that the reporter had it in for Bernazard because he, the reporter, had wanted to land a position of employment with the Mets player development department, and going after Bernazard was purely revenge for not being hired. The reporter stated later that he had once asked around the Mets about how one could land a job in baseball. It was a purely journalistic question in which a possible story could have come to fruition. He has no ambition or interest in leaving journalism for baseball.

Bernazard has also had problems with other staff, players and coaches, including Manny Acta, Willie Randolph and Fransisco Rodriguez.

Omar Minaya did not want to fire Tony Bernazard. They go way back and they are tight. He had to fire Tony Bernazard today. Minaya could have avoided today's action by reeling in Bernazard a couple years ago when his ego started to get the better of him.

Willingham has interest from the Giants, who acquired 1B Ryan Garko today. The Giants will need to add at least one more hitter to try to make the wild card. I suppose with Garko in the fold, Nick Johnson will not be a Giant this year, unless they want to stick Garko in the outfield.

Rickey's speech was great.

Marlins' color guy Tommy Hutton called the sports writers who didn't vote for him 'idiots'. Yes.

There are 28 writers who should have their voting priviledges revoked.

My favorite part of Rickey's speech: "I used to ask Reggie for his autograph and Reggie would pass me a pen with his name on it. He never did give me his autograph." :D

Five wins, woot woot!

ALso, I understand trading an infielder, but trading Garko? Makes me sad. I would have rather seen someone like Carroll go :(

Carroll is a fine reserve player and a great guy, but he brings back virtually nothing valuable back in trade. He's more likey to be purchased than traded for.