Just bought tickets. :dancing

Anyone else going? Anyone see the show they played recently in Boston? Was it good?

I've been wanting to see these guys for years, but they've been maddeningly idle for a decade or so.

From what I can tell, it's the whole lineup except with someone filling in for Stephen Jo Bladd, the drummer. Peter Wolf, Magic Dick, Seth Justman, Danny Klein, J. Geils himself -- should all be there.

Can't wait! :D

They're playing another show at the House of Blues in Boston on 4/28 -- tickets go on sale this Saturday.

do you think Lammy will fly in for this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

"Full House" is a ripping album. RIP J Geils!

Heard it for the first time as a 12 year old, from a next doors neighbors outdoor speakers, in Dorchester MA in the 70s. It got a grip on me. Have not shaken it yet.

Just saw Peter Wolf last Saturday.

May J.Geils Rest In Peace

"Full House" is a ripping album. RIP J Geils!

I had a few instances many many years ago when I had control of the turntable at a party where the booze flowed and the gender ratio was just right, and Full House, and especially Blow Your Face Out were my preferences to play in that situation. If you want to keep everybody in a good mood you cannot go wrong with those records. They are two of the best live LPs, and if you can't get off on those there might be no help for you.  :D

I had a few instances many many years ago when I had control of the turntable at a party where the booze flowed and the gender ratio was just right, and Full House, and especially Blow Your Face Out were my preferences to play in that situation. If you want to keep everybody in a good mood you cannot go wrong with those records. They are two of the best live LPs, and if you can't get off on those there might be no help for you.  :D

Damn straight...

I also really enjoy his later work. More jump blues and jazz with Magic Dick and some work with Duke Robillard.  

What's sad is that one reaches an age when your friends, classmates, and heroes start to pass. And I do not mean 27..

Gonna blare Blow Your Face Out today. Growing up outside Boston these guys were kings, and it was always curious to me as a kid that the guy whose band it was seemed so low-key and unassuming. RIP J Geils