I've been on board with this band for a while now and being from Atlanta I've seen them quite a few times. They are VERY VERY good musicians. The music they write is pretty damn awesome if you ask me.

the new album is more accesable, but it is so far from a sell out it is not funny. Who puts two songs on their album clocking in at 11 and 13 minutes if they are trying to garner new fans.

I have a lot of friends who are metal heads (guys who actually got me into the band orginally back in the lifesblood and remission days) who have slowly strayed away from liking the band. They don't like the new stuff because of the cleaner vocals etc etc.

I'm on board with everything they have done and i think they make music how they want when they want. A special band for sure.

I could go on and on. They are VERY good.

Here is my review of Crack the Skye:

Oh by the way all four band members sing lead at some point over their catalogue. I assume the afformentioned lead singer was meant for Brent as he sings most on the new album and he is probalby the closest one would consider a freak.

I do miss Troy's vocals on the new album i think he has the best voice of the group. Brent's vocals never sound as good live as in the studio where as i think troy is able to come off almost the same live and in studio.

with the critical praise these guys are getting, does anyone think Caress of Steel or 2112 would get better reviews today than they did 30+ years ago? Fantasy induced lyrics, progresssive metal like rock music?

Excellent question. It only took Rush 30 freakin years to get a little love in the pages of RS.

• 2 years later...

I've been on board with this band for a while now and being from Atlanta I've seen them quite a few times. They are VERY VERY good musicians. The music they write is pretty damn awesome if you ask me.

the new album is more accesable, but it is so far from a sell out it is not funny. Who puts two songs on their album clocking in at 11 and 13 minutes if they are trying to garner new fans.

I have a lot of friends who are metal heads (guys who actually got me into the band orginally back in the lifesblood and remission days) who have slowly strayed away from liking the band. They don't like the new stuff because of the cleaner vocals etc etc.

I'm on board with everything they have done and i think they make music how they want when they want. A special band for sure.

I could go on and on. They are VERY good.

Here is my review of Crack the Skye:

Oh by the way all four band members sing lead at some point over their catalogue. I assume the afformentioned lead singer was meant for Brent as he sings most on the new album and he is probalby the closest one would consider a freak.

I do miss Troy's vocals on the new album i think he has the best voice of the group. Brent's vocals never sound as good live as in the studio where as i think troy is able to come off almost the same live and in studio.

i'm in the ATL too. really wish i had seen their in-store at criminal when the last one came out. i need to check this one out. have tried, but haven't been able to get into them. some former students of mine who are now in college are really into them.

I used to work with Brent in a restaurant in the mid '90s. Very nice guy, but when the sun goes down... Definitely a freak.