please help with a dilemma involving the tour

so originally i was planning on going to the show in brooklyn. my friend that i am going with can only go to a show on a sunday or monday, so it worked out perfect. now i find out that conor oberst is opening for all these east coast shows except that one. i'm a big fan of conor, but i don't want to base my decision of which show based soley on an opening act. anyway, i figured out that the delaware show is actually an hour closer to where i live than brooklyn anyway, sucks for my friend cause it's a friday, but oh well...

so my question is which show should i go to? has anyone been to both venues? i saw a concert dvd of a show at keyspan park, and the venue looked awesome, i'm thinking de is similar although it's not in coney island brooklyn obviously. i just don't want to skip brooklyn and go to delaware if delaware is a notoriously shitty venue and or if brooklyn is a notoriously great venue for wilco. any help would be appreciated.

Why not go to Wilmington by yourself and Brooklyn with your friend?

well, that is an option, although if it came to that i'm sure i'd find someone to go to delaware with as well. i'm just trying to be economical here. let me make this a shorter question. which show would you expect to be better? and do you think wilco will put on a longer show without an opening band in new york, will it be the same, or will they just plug someone else in to open that show?

let me add to this....this will be my first wilco show. i'm trying to get the best experience. will one of those venues give a better option over the other?.....i'm sure all of you think i should just go to both, but i'm tryin to chill on the concerts this year. i've spent the past three years touring with pearl jam, my morning jacket, and hitting up multiple festivals. it's getting out of hand, and i'm trying to conserve a little more money this summer.

Seriously... do both. If you only go to one show, when it's over, you will be pissed you don't have seats to the other one.

Seriously... do both. If you only go to one show, when it's over, you will be pissed you don't have seats to the other one.

Ditto

I'm going to my 10th Wilco show June 12th in Cincy in the last 5 years and wish I could attend MORE this summer!

Ditto

I'm going to my 10th Wilco show June 12th in Cincy in the last 5 years and wish I could attend MORE this summer!

as much as i appreciate the responses. the answer i'm looking for is, which show, if you could only do one would you go to? brooklyn or delaware. like i said before, i spent two of the last three years touring with my morning jacket and pearl jam. it's not like i've never had my face melted. i'm fully aware that i will probably want to go see more than one. i'm a huge wilco fan, but i'm trying to be a little more responsible and go to one show. 2 will turn into 3 and so on.....can i get an answer?

as much as i appreciate the responses. the answer i'm looking for is, which show, if you could only do one would you go to? brooklyn or delaware.

I'd go to Brooklyn. Because I live in Manhattan.

let me add to this....this will be my first wilco show. i'm trying to get the best experience. will one of those venues give a better option over the other?.....i'm sure all of you think i should just go to both, but i'm tryin to chill on the concerts this year. i've spent the past three years touring with pearl jam, my morning jacket, and hitting up multiple festivals. it's getting out of hand, and i'm trying to conserve a little more money this summer.

tell me about it.. last year I saw PJ 4 times, R.E.M. and Neil Young all in the noth-east USA and I lived in Australia than. This year I'm trying to do the same so only an Eddie Vedder solo show in Philly, maybe PJ (if they play in the philly area) and ofocurse wilco in Wilmington. If you just wanted to go to one I would say the closest show to you which is the Delaware show.

It's up to you, man. Nobody can give you a concrete answer.

But if you're assuming Brooklyn won't have an opener just because the opener isn't Conor Oberst, I'd say that's not necessarily the case.

thanks. and i don't mean to pester, i'm not really looking for a concrete answer, i was just hoping maybe someone had been to both venues and could give some insight on the atmosphere of the two venues. also, given my circumstanses that delaware is closer, and that new york, no matter how close, can be a major pain for traveling, which would be the better trip? ya know, maybe new york is worth the pain because the venue is so great. maybe the sound is incredible at delaware and not so much in new york. i don't know, i'm looking for stuff like that. obviously i'm not asking which show is gonna have the better set, no one could know that right now.

thanks. and i don't mean to pester, i'm not really looking for a concrete answer, i was just hoping maybe someone had been to both venues and could give some insight on the atmosphere of the two venues. also, given my circumstanses that delaware is closer, and that new york, no matter how close, can be a major pain for traveling, which would be the better trip? ya know, maybe new york is worth the pain because the venue is so great. maybe the sound is incredible at delaware and not so much in new york. i don't know, i'm looking for stuff like that. obviously i'm not asking which show is gonna have the better set, no one could know that right now.

the thing is not too many bands have played at the Wilmington venue and I certainly haven't see a band there. So no one knows. I think live played there a few years back but I'm not going next door to see Live play :D

the thing is not too many bands have played at the Wilmington venue and I certainly haven't see a band there. So no one knows. I think live played there a few years back but I'm not going next door to see Live play :D

okay, thanks for the peer pressure people. i just bought tickets for delaware. looks like i'll be going for the brooklyn tickets in 15 minutes. i guess we can officially shut this thread down.

okay, thanks for the peer pressure people. i just bought tickets for delaware. looks like i'll be going for the brooklyn tickets in 15 minutes. i guess we can officially shut this thread down.

Good choice!! I don't know who the opener is (does anyone) but I'm assuming/hoping it will be a favorable act given the one off.

Never been to the Del. venue but Keyspan on a hot summers nice with the nice Atlantic breeze and some Nathans laying in your stomach is about as good as it gets.