April fools 4 weeks late? Creed reunites...

As someone else here remarked earlier : "Creed Reunion, and a swine flu outbreak..coincidence? I think not."

The truly unnerving thing about the reunion was the collective "YES!!!" let out upon hearing the news by actual human beings living amongst us.

I don't know, but it is the band that was sued by their own fans for sucking.

:lol

I read a few years ago that these jokers are among the highest selling bands of all time. I think I live a fairly mainstream life (listening to radio, watching tv, shopping at the mall and target, etc.) so I'm sure I've heard some of their songs, probably a bunch of times, but I couldn't name or hum a single one.

Sorry to go on a rant:

It always fascinates me how such shitty bands can get so popular.. Bands like Creed, Nickelback, Lincoln Park.. all of those clowns... Is it the marketing? Is it their look? I think it's because there are just so many casual music listeners. People that don't really know what they are listening to, but listen to it because it's on the radio and apparently, it's really good music right? So they crank it up, head bang, and belt out the cheesy lyrics.. Maybe it has something to do with not being exposed to good music at a young age? I was fortunate enough to be exposed to a lot of great music when I was young (Beatles, CCR, The Dead, etc.) so maybe thats why I don't listen to shitty music now? It didn't work for my siblings though.. They were exposed to the same music I was, and all they listen to is top 40 country hits.. :yucky

But anyway.. To each his own I guess. Who am I to say that some music is shitty and some is not? It's a matter of personal preference, but you probably won't find a single hardcore Creed fan, or Nickeback fan at VC.. I wonder why.

Sorry to go on a rant:

It always fascinates me how such shitty bands can get so popular.. Bands like Creed, Nickelback, Lincoln Park.. all of those clowns... Is it the marketing? Is it their look? I think it's because there are just so many casual music listeners. People that don't really know what they are listening to, but listen to it because it's on the radio and apparently, it's really good music right? So they crank it up, head bang, and belt out the cheesy lyrics.. Maybe it has something to do with not being exposed to good music at a young age? I was fortunate enough to be exposed to a lot of great music when I was young (Beatles, CCR, The Dead, etc.) so maybe thats why I don't listen to shitty music now? It didn't work for my siblings though.. They were exposed to the same music I was, and all they listen to is top 40 country hits.. :yucky

But anyway.. To each his own I guess. Who am I to say that some music is shitty and some is not? It's a matter of personal preference, but you probably won't find a single hardcore Creed fan, or Nickeback fan at VC.. I wonder why.

One thing those bands have going for them - at least they actually play music, and don't lip-sync like Britney Spears and those sort of people.

One thing those bands have going for them - at least they actually play music, and don't lip-sync like Britney Spears and those sort of people.

Good point. As terrible as their music is, they actually do play it live..

And now with auto-tune, the Britney Spears types have yet another crutch available. If they don't want to risk ruining their career with a lip-sync track, they can put auto-tune on their voice which matches pitches for them, so they sound like they are great singers, when in reality they probably sound like howling dogs off the mic.

Sorry to go on a rant:

It's linkin Park BTW and my kids listen to them and Nickleback, sorry but I don't criticise my kids tastes, I may try to guide them, but regardless bands like this slip through the saftey net. Anyhow these bands become popular because they play to a wider audience. I've learned over the years that I don't have the same tastes as the general public at large. My tastes tend to be more raw and exotic than those around me. Many of the people I know have never heard of most of the bands I listen to. And compared to people here most of the bands I listen to are probably closer to the mainstream than what they listen to. Regardless though, it's been said here many times that most posters here are not your typical music fans. We don't do mainstream very well. That's great. Id rather see the bands I like in venues like the Metro, the Riv, or a shitty bar like Mabels used to be rather than in places like the United Center. Bands like those mentioned above are for the masses, just as a crappy movie like Titanic is more for mass consumption than say Drugstore Cowboy was. I know which on I like more, and I fully understand why the other one made a bazillion dollars.

Of course I do have some mainstream stuff I like, but its the exception not the rule.

It's linkin Park BTW and my kids listen to them and Nickleback, sorry but I don't criticise my kids tastes, I may try to guide them, but regardless bands like this slip through the saftey net. Anyhow these bands become popular because they play to a wider audience. I've learned over the years that I don't have the same tastes as the general public at large. My tastes tend to be more raw and exotic than those around me. Many of the people I know have never heard of most of the bands I listen to. And compared to people here most of the bands I listen to are probably closer to the mainstream than what they listen to. Regardless though, it's been said here many times that most posters here are not your typical music fans. We don't do mainstream very well. That's great. Id rather see the bands I like in venues like the Metro, the Riv, or a shitty bar like Mabels used to be rather than in places like the United Center. Bands like those mentioned above are for the masses, just as a crappy movie like Titanic is more for mass consumption than say Drugstore Cowboy was. I know which on I like more, and I fully understand why the other one made a bazillion dollars.

Of course I do have some mainstream stuff I like, but its the exception not the rule.

I can dig. And I too have some mainstream stuff I like. I'm a huge Coldplay fan, and they sell out arena shows charging $100 a ticket..

But I agree that it must be because bands like Linkin Park play to a wider audience. They are exposed to more people, marketed better by their huge record companies, and they purposely "sell out".. It's their intention to sell out, and they are good at it.

I can dig. And I too have some mainstream stuff I like. I'm a huge Coldplay fan, and they sell out arena shows charging $100 a ticket..

But I agree that it must be because bands like Linkin Park play to a wider audience. They are exposed to more people, marketed better by their huge record companies, and they purposely "sell out".. It's their intention to sell out, and they are good at it.

It is the lowest common denominator approach. Play what will appeal to the most people. It works it always has and always will.

Titanic is a well made movie it looks beautiful on the big screen but it is a basic story line that anyone here could have written, and by the end of it I could have cared less if Jack died or not.

Titanic is a well made movie it looks beautiful on the big screen but it is a basic story line that anyone here could have written, and by the end of it I could have cared less if Jack died or not.

Sorry to be going way off topic, but I'd also I'd like to note; at the end of Titanic when the ship is sinking, watching that on the big screen, I could have sworn I was on that boat going down with them.. They really did a good job of pulling you into the movie like you are really there. There are few movies in history that have done that so well. Saving Private Ryan is another one.. My grandfather (veteran) couldn't even watch the first 2 minutes of it..

It is the lowest common denominator approach. Play what will appeal to the most people. It works it always has and always will.

So it sounds like it pulled you in at least a little. :D