The first car I ever bought was a '76 Bonneville. I saved up some dough, and added with some HS graduation money I obtained the vehicle: mint interior, 90K miles. That thing was a drift-bustin' thing of beauty - I regualrly squired anywhere from 6-8 people down to Market Square Arena (Indy) for concerts and inspired lunacy. Good times.

I drove that beast until about '86. By then it had 170K, and got about 8 mpg. But it served me well.

Little GTO, you're really lookin' fine

Three deuces and a four-speed and a 389

Listen to her tachin' up now, listen to her why-ee-eye-ine

C'mon and turn it on, wind it up, blow it out GTO

How many songs, how many movies, how many great memories......

LouieB

I drove two different Bonnevilles (1994 and 2001 models) from 1998 thru 2008. They were both pieces of shit, but I loved them.

That's what I have. It's a 1992 model. I will not be bringing that son of a bitch to Chicago.

A liittle suprised that Pontiac was the first one to go, I thought it was the better line of GMs, I guess not.

In terms of reputation, and probably quality, it's Cadillac > Buick > Chevrolet > Pontiac.

I think Oldsmobile was to one side or the other of Chevy in that line.

With Chrysler it was Chrysler > Dodge > Plymouth, and guess who's no longer around from that bunch...

In terms of reputation, and probably quality, it's Cadillac > Buick > Chevrolet > Pontiac.

I think Oldsmobile was to one side or the other of Chevy in that line.

With Chrysler it was Chrysler > Dodge > Plymouth, and guess who's no longer around from that bunch...

Jeep isnt Chrysler anymore?

Pontiac sold close to 20,000 vehicles in March. Buick, Cadillac, and Saturn sold less than 9,000. And Hummer sold less than 1,000. Chevy dominated, with nearly 100,000 vehicles sold, but it is kind of weird to axe your third most popular brand (GMC sold more than Pontiac). And that is all probably because Pontiac's are relatively cheap or they make cheap models, but how much does it cost to make cars that are, internally, the same as some of your other lines that you are still making?

I had one of these and it burned to the ground in downtown Montreal in January 1986, about a week before the Challenger space shuttle blew up.

77-prix1.jpg