Together Through Life

So in 2006 I found a strange record by this weird old guy Bob Dylan called Modern Times, I thought it was fantastic and the rhymes were slick.

Now the old guy is back again with another classic but this is more about the music not the rhymes, thers more blues and less "porck chops" or "pies".

beyond Here lies Nothing is an absolute stunner, and aproaches morality in a way a 20 yeard old couldnt understand and I understand and Im 20.

Now how good of a record is this really, well time will tell. Is this only for Bob Dylan fans? YESSS!! s what dose that mean? it means if you are intrested it goes way deep.

I was hoping for some more of the hard line morals of Modern Times and there are some here, but this is more of a summer record its not the depression and swne flu means shit so enjoy the sounds of Houstan and the mexican war... but pay close attention because the secrets are more .. I read the pitchfork review and they refrence nashville skyline and I thought holy shit thats what I thought too, then I thoough what dose the number 5.4 have to do with music? but yea dosent life is hard remind you of I threw it all away? no?

Musically his best record of the decade the completion of the triligy but... he better not die he better make one more we need a proper good bye.. and its all good aint it.

Aint Talkin could have been but this ends on an upper... alright now listen to it for fucks sakes its 2009 and Bob Dylan is writing songs.

Also try this excersice instantly name all the BoB dYlan records that TTL is better than and then think how much you like those records two.

A-

So in 2006 I found a strange record by this weird old guy Bob Dylan called Modern Times, I thought it was fantastic and the rhymes were slick.

Now the old guy is back again with another classic but this is more about the music not the rhymes, thers more blues and less "porck chops" or "pies".

beyond Here lies Nothing is an absolute stunner, and aproaches morality in a way a 20 yeard old couldnt understand and I understand and Im 20.

Now how good of a record is this really, well time will tell. Is this only for Bob Dylan fans? YESSS!! s what dose that mean? it means if you are intrested it goes way deep.

I was hoping for some more of the hard line morals of Modern Times and there are some here, but this is more of a summer record its not the depression and swne flu means shit so enjoy the sounds of Houstan and the mexican war... but pay close attention because the secrets are more .. I read the pitchfork review and they refrence nashville skyline and I thought holy shit thats what I thought too, then I thoough what dose the number 5.4 have to do with music? but yea dosent life is hard remind you of I threw it all away? no?

Musically his best record of the decade the completion of the triligy but... he better not die he better make one more we need a proper good bye.. and its all good aint it.

Aint Talkin could have been but this ends on an upper... alright now listen to it for fucks sakes its 2009 and Bob Dylan is writing songs.

Also try this excersice instantly name all the BoB dYlan records that TTL is better than and then think how much you like those records two.

A-

comparing i threw it all away with life is hard is laughable to say the least.

BTW you might want to use that neat spell check feature, this is coming from someone who long ignored it. Also do you get high and then choose to post or do you decide you want to post so you get high.

comparing i threw it all away with life is hard is laughable to say the least.

BTW you might want to you that neat spell check feature, this is coming from someone who long ignored it. Also do you get high and then choose to post or do you decide you want to post so you get high.

A-Man?

BTW you might want to you that neat spell check feature, this is coming from someone who long ignored it. Also do you get high and then choose to post or do you decide you want to post so you get high.

Muphry's Law is an adage that states that "if you write anything criticizing editing or proofreading, there will be a fault of some kind in what you have written."

Muphry's Law is an adage that states that "if you write anything criticizing editing or proofreading, there will be a fault of some kind in what you have written."

Guilty as charged.

A-

I think I got stoned just reading that..

A-

i printed this, cut it out, and put it on my fridge

A-

was just waiting for A-Man to redirect this poster to the big fat dylan thread that's been going on for weeks concerning the new album

haha

was just waiting for A-Man to redirect this poster to the big fat dylan thread that's been going on for weeks concerning the new album

That's not really my trip anymore. I don't usually bother with such things, unless I can help answer a question with a previous thread that seems to cover what the new thread is about.

1. It's really the job of the people who run this place to do such things. When some of the inmates run the asylum, the other inmates who don't run the asylum, get upset.

2. Most new people are not really going to know about or utilize the search function. Some people just don't give a shit. Some people give a shit too much.

3. Sometimes, people just want attention. So they will start new threads to promote themselves, and give their reviews of things.

4. I think if someone has that much stuff to unleash on the world, they should start a blog.

5. It Takes a Village Idiot: The Jerks of Online Forums.

3. Sometimes, people just want attention, so they will start new threads to promote themselves, and give their reviews of things.

4. I think if someone has that much stuff to unleash on the world, they should start a blog.

Problem and answer.

I think I got stoned just reading that..

Im glad you all liked it more reviews to come. ..... no blog though im just gonna keep using this place I love you all.

Whats so laughable about comparing life is hard to I threw it all away?? be speciffic

That's not really my trip anymore. I don't usually bother with such things, unless I can help answer a question with a previous thread that seems to cover what the new thread is about.

1. It's really the job of the people who run this place to do such things. When some of the inmates run the asylum, the other inmates who don't run the asylum, get upset.

2. Most new people are not really going to know about or utilize the search function. Some people just don't give a shit. Some people give a shit too much.

3. Sometimes, people just want attention. So they will start new threads to promote themselves, and give their reviews of things.

well said. i was just one of your converts a few years back:)

Im glad you all liked it more reviews to come. ..... no blog though im just gonna keep using this place I love you all.

Whats so laughable about comparing life is hard to I threw it all away?? be speciffic

The production on Nashville Skyline, is among my favorites on any record, something about that warm sound. Personally I prefer Bob's singing on I threw it all away to the phrasing which get dylan through life is hard. The dynamics and arrangement of I threw It All Away are also much more interesting to these ears.

Life is Hard is defiantly not a bad track, I'd just have a hard time comparing anything on TTL or MT to his earlier work (let alone TOOM and L&T).

In PANTHER

Did I read correctly that there is now a spell check on this thing?? Wow, I never even noticed that thanks. As someone who's spelling is horrible I will use it from now on.

As far as Together through life.....I need to listen to it a few more times, but it is mediocre at best, although any Dylan album is always an event. (How did Robert Hunter get away with writing such uninspiring lyrics??)

LouieB

As far as Together through life.....I need to listen to it a few more times, but it is mediocre at best, although any Dylan album is always an event. (How did Robert Hunter get away with writing such uninspiring lyrics??)

LouieB

I have not heard the album yet so can't comment on it but I've read several good (positive) reviews on it. Hmm. The songs were all co-written - all except one, I believe- between the two of them.

I seem to recall that you use to get jumped on quite a bit for your theories and attacks on religion, and how it is taking over the world.

It seems to me that due to chat lingo, text messaging, etc., the notion of how people write has changed over the past few years.

True

Did I read correctly that there is now a spell check on this thing?? Wow, I never even noticed that thanks. As someone who's spelling is horrible I will use it from now on.

LouieB

I don't know if Hunter the one to blame. To these ears the lyrics sound distinctly late period dylan. I'm really curious as to what the involvement of Hunter was, but something tells me we wont be hearing from bob (hunter that is).