Bonnaroo Schedule

I like both bands, but it would not be hard for me to choose Wilco live over The Decemberists live.

But Elvis Costello solo? Crap. That doesn't happen all the time. That one I'd probably have to pick EC just because there are always more opportunities to see Wilco perform.

I saw Elvis Costello solo when he toured with Bob Dylan 2 years ago. It's safe to say that Elvis Costello stole the show in my eyes and ears.

Completely agree. I saw the Rhode Island stop of that tour, and Elvis really did steal the show. It was before Momofuku can out, but he played Song with Rose and it blew me away.

A friend of mine is opted for Wilco so that he could get a better view for Bruce.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. Unfortunetely they clash with the Decemberists and Elvis Costello, both of which I kinda wanted to see. But i'll probably try to get to Wilco early and get a good spot and stay there to see the boss. This is my first bonnaroo (or any music festival), can any veterans tell me abouts how early i'd have to get to a show to get a spot up close?

Yep. Unfortunetely they clash with the Decemberists and Elvis Costello, both of which I kinda wanted to see. But i'll probably try to get to Wilco early and get a good spot and stay there to see the boss. This is my first bonnaroo (or any music festival), can any veterans tell me abouts how early i'd have to get to a show to get a spot up close?

not worth getting up close in my opinion. if your solo i would just try and move your way up as close as you can before the show. in order to get a nice spot you'll have to hang out there all day and claim an area. you'll miss a lot of good music, not to mention getting drinks/going to the bathroom will be a major pain. your best bet is to just take what you can and not sacrifice any other music for a good wilco spot. just go to a show on the tour if you want to see them up close.

not worth getting up close in my opinion. if your solo i would just try and move your way up as close as you can before the show. in order to get a nice spot you'll have to hang out there all day and claim an area. you'll miss a lot of good music, not to mention getting drinks/going to the bathroom will be a major pain. your best bet is to just take what you can and not sacrifice any other music for a good wilco spot. just go to a show on the tour if you want to see them up close.

I am a one-time Roo veteran going again this year, and I echo Dondante's sentiments. To get a spot on the rail, you have to pretty much camp out there all day. I guess there are worse places to be since Rod y Gab are on the same stage before Wilco. But it would still suck to have to be planted there all day and miss what is going on elsewhere. And frankly, on the main stage, even being on the rail isn't really that close to the band - you can get much closer when you see them out on tour.