A Cherry Ghost Tee!!!

Yes - that black rocker T was available at the merch table in Cinci.

So who knows, maybe the cherry ghost T will show up down the road on tour. But it wasn't there on Friday night, opening night for the US leg of the Summer Tour 2009.

There was a whole-tour poster and in Cinci there was a limited edition poster with a pig on it.

There was a new T (maybe for girls?) powder blue that has a cute owl on it. A stylized drawing, not a copy of the macrame owl (who is on the road with Wilco again!)

767-max.jpg768-max.jpg

I like both of those posters. If Wolf Trap has both the tour one, and a good quality individual poster, I'll have a tough decision to make.

I'd get the gig poster for the show, because I figure this summer tour poster will be in the Wilco store for a while. However, the gig poster might not. I am really hoping there will be one for the Wolf Trap show, though!

Oh - and I'll warn you about the tour poster. It is really cool. I bought it ($25) and they handed me a very skinny plastic bag. YOU have to roll it up. HOWEVER - it is on very heavy card stock, which caused the first problem - I was unsuccessful rolling it small enough to fit the plastic bag. So as I unrolled it, I notice my fingernails brushed against the black background and left marks on the poster. I don't have long girly nails by a longshot. So this can happen to anyone. But now I'm not happy about this damage to the design, and the clerk refused to give me a fresh one. "It was perfect when I gave it to you" was his response. :brow

So I rolled it much tighter the second time, actually causing a small fold in the poster before I could roll it small enough to fit the skinny baggie.

So you've been warned - roll it carefully so as not to leave marks on the black background, and much smaller than feels comfortable for the weight of the card stock. :hmm

All of this would be solved if they gave out slightly larger baggies for the posters.

Yea, I have a gig poster from the Lyric show in Baltimore last year, so I'd want another one to go along with it.

When I bought that poster, they offered me the skinny bag, but I just held the poster flat. I was sitting in the last row of my section, so I just put the poster behind me seat, and got it home with no damage at all.

My worst concert poster story is when I bought a Radiohead In Rainbows tour poster from their show at Nissan Pavilion last year. I bought it right before leaving the venue, since it was pouring down rain, and I figured I could mad-dash to the car and save the poster. I put it under my shirt, and began running. I got to my friend's cousin's car...before his cousin, so I'm left standing outside this car, desperately trying to protect my poster, and waiting for the doors to magically unlock. The poster has water damage in many places, but it still looks good, and adds a fair amount of character, I'd say. Anyone who was at that show would agree, it's a fitting souvenir.

My worst concert poster story is when I bought a Radiohead In Rainbows tour poster from their show at Nissan Pavilion last year. I bought it right before leaving the venue, since it was pouring down rain, and I figured I could mad-dash to the car and save the poster. I put it under my shirt, and began running. I got to my friend's cousin's car...before his cousin, so I'm left standing outside this car, desperately trying to protect my poster, and waiting for the doors to magically unlock. The poster has water damage in many places, but it still looks good, and adds a fair amount of character, I'd say. Anyone who was at that show would agree, it's a fitting souvenir.

Didn't get pick up a poster but I did buy one of the really comfortable black tees that was recycled from plastic bottles.

Anyone who was at that show would agree, it's a fitting souvenir.

Most definitely. I don't see how it would have been remotely possible to have gotten it anywhere without water damage that night, even if there was a plastic bag to put it in, i am guessing it would have still gotten wet. :)

Most definitely. I don't see how it would have been remotely possible to have gotten it anywhere without water damage that night, even if there was a plastic bag to put it in, i am guessing it would have still gotten wet. :)

Oh yea. I considered not buying it, but it was very nice looking, and I believe they only printed a limited number of them. And I didn't have any specific concert posters at that point. I think I made the right decision.

It's more of a conversation starter this way. And there probably weren't that many other people brave/stupid enough to buy them that night.

There was a new T (maybe for girls?) powder blue that has a cute owl on it. A stylized drawing, not a copy of the macrame owl (who is on the road with Wilco again!)

I think that's the one ESue bought in Knoxville.