July 21 in Royal Oak, MI

Hey everyone,

Looks like on the website it is showing that this show will be "An evening with Wilco" - no opener. Very excited for this. I paid way too much for a ticket on ebay, but I'm excited to go.

Anyone else headed to this show?

I'll be there, along with some friends. The Royal Oak Music Theater is a pretty cool venue and you can get pretty close up front if you get there early enough. It's too bad you went for eBay, though. From what I understand there are still tickets left...

Guest Alan

I'm there. Haven't missed a Wilco/Tweedy show on this side of the state since my first show in 03. No opener eh? I guess I have mixed feelings on that. Wilco has had pretty good openers more times than not. But maybe we'll get a little bit of a longer show with no opener. I'd love to see them do what Phish does and play two sets with an intermission in the middle.

The theatre web site shows that they are sold out. No surprise as this is one of the smaller venues around (will be all standing) and in the past few years Wilco has played at much bigger venues. I'm going with friends and family and can't wait to hear the new songs.

I'm pumped that there is no opener. I've seen Wilco 4 times and the best show was "an evening with Wilco" in Morgantown, WV. They played longer and there seemed to be more banter than usual.

And they got nifty shirts.

Guest Alan

Yeah. I don't know how early exactly. But i'd like to be close to the front. We had about 5th row seats for the Fox Theater show and I'd like to be at least that close again.

My wife and I will be there. When I saw the 'An evening with Wilco' last week, we were even more excited!

The missus and I will be there. It will be a tough day at work for us. We can both see the front doors of the venue from our desks. Sorta like sitting in front of the christmas tree waiting to tear into presents. I'm sure one of will be lining up early. For those who like to sit, there are seats in the balcony (first come first served).

The drive is roughly 5 and a half hours for me, one of the closest Wilco gigs yet.

Anyone else going to see Neko in Pontiac the next night?

Unfortunately, probably not. Two shows in two nights makes for a tough work week. But I won't rule it out. The Crofoot is a great little room so it is def got me thinking.

Aw, you should go if it's at the Crofoot. Great place to see anybody. I do recall enjoying being up-close and center stage for Calexico not long ago. :wub

It really is a great venue. And the attached, smaller Pike Room is awesome as well. I just wish it weren't up in Pontiac. It's terrible driving up there from Ypsi/Arbor.