25 members have voted

1. 1. Too Epic?

• Yes
    • No
    • good thread.

That's the thing about double neck guitars, it makes a BIG visual statement..as if rock guitarists don't have enough egovanity to contend with. I suppose they would argue that there's an inherent need to use it for certain songs, but in Nels' case you can see how it would really hinder his mobility. Nels is a guitarist who needs to use his whole body to express what he's trying to do.

Just my 2 cents, keep the change!

That's the thing about double neck guitars, it makes a BIG visual statement..as if rock guitarists don't have enough egovanity to contend with. I suppose they would argue that there's an inherent need to use it for certain songs, but in Nels' case you can see how it would really hinder his mobility. Nels is a guitarist who needs to use his whole body to express what he's trying to do.

Just my 2 cents, keep the change!

The value of the double-neck guitar is the drone -- particularly the 12-string neck. The other set of strings picks up the vibration. Nels playing a doubleneck with six strings also could afford alternate tunings between slide and standard. Interestng how offset the necks are in his guitar. They're show but it also has an impact musically.

I'm guessing it's a Baritone-standard double neck. Look at the length differences.

The baritone neck with the Capo on 7 would put it in normal tuning Capo 2...curious

I never realized until now, how much Alex looks like David St. Hubbins. Or vice versa.

Posted Today, 08:21 AM

Not epic enough. Looking on the bright side, though, Wilco has the potential to double Rush's double-neckness.

Edited by Hoodoo Man