With apologies to Sunken Mountain, WOOOOO-HOOOOO!

well, i´m a spaniard. And although we´ve missed SO many chances, you deserved it, clearly. Spanish media thought we could win the match even without get out to the grass, and we paid our air of self-satisfaction. Good luck on the next sunday ;) .

I hope with this really unexpected defeat our players are going back to the path of success: humbleness and hard work

With apologies to Sunken Mountain, WOOOOO-HOOOOO!

No apologies,haha,well done,guys! :worship

You can feel very proud of your team. Spanish team undervalued USA this time.

Well,now,I´ll be USA fan,so good luck next Sunday :thumbup

PS.-We need start another soccer thread,bjorn skurj!

I didn't get a chance to see the match, and didn't find out the result until I got home around 8 PM from a very long day. Then I went to bed early out of exhaustion and missed SportsCenter. Hopefully I'll be able to catch some highlights somewhere online.

Good for the U.S. -- I've been down on this team for a while, and didn't give them a snowball's chance in hell of beating Spain, which is why I didn't track the score from work yesterday. I fully expected to hear of a 4-0 blowout with a total collapse of the U.S. defense. Imagine my surprise...

It'd be lovely to see a U.S.-South Africa final, but my money's on Brazil ... and I don't expect the Americans to duplicate yesterday's success against the Samba Kings.

If there's a silver lining to this loss, it's that we won't have to hear the Brazilians bitching about the goal they were robbed of. (Which, incidentally, they were definitely robbed of -- it was clearly all the way across the line before Howard batted it up into the crossbar.)

If there's a silver lining to this loss, it's that we won't have to hear the Brazilians bitching about the goal they were robbed of. (Which, incidentally, they were definitely robbed of -- it was clearly all the way across the line before Howard batted it up into the crossbar.)

That's a good point, a missed call for sure, but a difficult one. I had to see about 4 angles before I was convinced it went in.

Brazil definitely played the Red Baron to our Snoopy.