Wilco References Locations!!

Ok... So I wanted to start a post where we talk about references made to specific locations in Wilco songs.... and if you have ever been to that place...

I.E. Via Chicago... Chicago... I went there once when I was in High school..

get the idea!

I had thought maybe Triremes Row was some scenic street in the old country, then I figured out that it is a reference to ancient Greek ships and the manner in which they are rowed. I also didn't know rowed was a word, but I can think of no other way in which to conjugate it.

Let's see.....I've been to Pekin (Kingpin). I've been to FLA but not to Pensacola to hide from the snow. Nor have I been on a tour of Japan (Monday). I've been to Arizona (Hotel Arizona). I've been on a Michigan shore, live there actually (Spiders). Lived in California (California Stars). You've got the landing in St. Louis (Heavy Metal Drummer). Impossible Germany, Unlikely Japan.

That's all I can think of that's Wilco. Certainly tons of references in Jeff's Uncle Tupelo songs and the Ruling Class from Loose Fur/solo stuff also comes to mind.

I walked by the fountain from "New Madrid" in Belleville once on a cross country trip.

I walked by the fountain from "New Madrid" in Belleville once on a cross country trip.

I was in San Diego for a Wilco show, and immediately after the show I walked past a restaurant called "Ole' Madrid", but in my Wilco-addled state I read it as "Ol' Madrid". :lol

Embarcadero Skies.. (S.F.)

I've always wondered about that, is that a reference to the Embarcadero in SF? There must be other places where the waterfront is referred to as the Embarcadero.

And this doesn't really count, but I've been on Mermaid Avenue. ;)

i've been to the hell that is chrome. did not stay.

I've always wondered about that, is that a reference to the Embarcadero in SF? There must be other places where the waterfront is referred to as the Embarcadero.

Living in the Bay Area, I always think of the Embarcadero and the Ferry Building when I hear that one line.

Also been to..

Deep chrome canyons of the loudest Manhattans

FLA

California (Stars)

Arizona (Although never actually went in a hotel in Arizona)

And it doesn't really count as a Wilco reference, but I've been to L.A. (Ruling Class - Loose Fur)