iWilco en Europa!

Hello there fanners. Long time lurker, first time poster. Hope all is well on your end.

After seeing the eurpean dates announced, i was wondering - Who has seen wilco overseas? Where was the show? How was it? Was it very different from shows in the states? My gf and i are considereing planning a european vaction around a few of the dates. Thanks for your time and have a great day!

I know at least three people who have seen Wilco on three continents. :pirate Now that's dedication!

I've never made it any further away than Vermont, which is surprisingly like San Francisco, so I'm no help at all.

I know at least three people who have seen Wilco on three continents. :pirate Now that's dedication!

I've never made it any further away than Vermont, which is surprisingly like San Francisco, so I'm no help at all.

Has Wilco ever played South America ,Africa or other parts of Asia beside Japan? :monkey

They've played South America at least once: http://wilcobase.com/event.php?event_key=893

So technically someone could have seen Wilco on 5 continents! :rock

As to the original posters questions I am sure it is alot different then a show in the US. I have only seen 3 concerts in Europe and the crowds act differently then the USA crowds..they really let loose out there!

Months ago a friend offered to take me to Amsterdam for my 40th in November and guess who's going to be there! :yes Good thing she's a fan too! :beer

Ha! I was thinking of the same trip, at the same time, for the same reason, though subtract 10 years. But I doubt that'll happen.

Have they ever hit Europe three different times in a single year? That has to be a first.

Yes, they did it last tour (2007) and the tour calendar was pretty similar to the one of this year.

European tour :

May/June, right after the album is released.

July, European outdoor festivals.

November.

Sam

Ah okay, thanks, didn't remember that.

Yes, they did it last tour (2007) and the tour calendar was pretty similar to the one of this year.

European tour :

May/June, right after the album is released.

July, European outdoor festivals.

November.

Sam

Wow thanks for the photos of the Italian venues - makes me even more stoked that I've scored front row tickets for Milan!!

I prefer to see gigs in Europe than even in my own country of Scotland, as I find the asshole quota at gigs here is too high. In general I really like that European audiences tend to LISTEN more then really go for it in the appreciation. I think some bands find that slightly disconcerting to start with but I think it's really cool that people listen rather than spend time getting pissed or talking with their friends or on thir bloody phones!

So yes come to Europe for your enjoyment, but please respect those around you!

Anyone here try to purchase tickets for the Copenhagen show? The link on the website isn't working, and I can't find anywhere to email someone who might be able to fix the link. Alternatively, does anyone know where those tickets are being sold?

B

Anyone here try to purchase tickets for the Copenhagen show? The link on the website isn't working, and I can't find anywhere to email someone who might be able to fix the link. Alternatively, does anyone know where those tickets are being sold?

I found this: http://www.livenation.dk/event/4783/DKT-Live-Vision-presents-Wilco-tickets

Thought about going to this one, but I think I'll have to settle for the Helsinki show in a couple of weeks.

I found this: http://www.livenation.dk/event/4783/DKT-Live-Vision-presents-Wilco-tickets

Thought about going to this one, but I think I'll have to settle for the Helsinki show in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for finding this - the wilcoworld link now works correctly too. (And yikes this ticket price seems steep! The venue must cost quite a bit or something.)