Essential Vinyl Purchases?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HH, now that you're totally won over, proceed directly to "Lark's Tongues In Aspic"...and "Red"...and "Starless & Bible Black"...and, well, you get the idea. :lol

he had a copy of In The Court Of Crimson King and Discipline but In The Court was $45, too steep for me, and I thought Poseidon sounded much better than Discipline.

he had a copy of In The Court Of Crimson King and Discipline but In The Court was $45, too steep for me, and I thought Poseidon sounded much better than Discipline.

ITCOTCK is a fantastic record (and Fripp's favorite, fwiw) but 45 bucks is a bit steep!

I LOVE Discipline, but it's a totally different band. Like the Talking Heads on acid, if you will.

OK, sorry to go off on a tangent here but when KC gets mentioned I have a hard time controlling myself. :punch

• 2 weeks later...

That's insane.....don't EVER pay 45 bucks for any album. Someday you will find it for far less.

LouieB

that someday was today! went to a flea market and the guy at the record shop had a copy of In the Court and only wanted $9 for it. it's an original pressing with inserts. a copy similar to this is going for $41 on ebay at the moment. there's a little less than 2 hours left on it. I'm curious to see how much it ends up going for... :ninja: