At the risk of derailing this thread further, I will second what the gentleman from Texas said and go on to say Der Untergang was the second best war movie I have ever seen.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of derailing this thread further, I will second what the gentleman from Texas said and go on to say Der Untergang was the second best war movie I have ever seen.

The first being?

And for what it's worth - that Hitler rant/humorous subtitles on youtube has been WAY overplayed...

The first being?

And for what it's worth - that Hitler rant/humorous subtitles on youtube has been WAY overplayed...

Apocalypse Now, and I am with you on that one.

The first being?

It was only funny the first time I saw it when it was about the Cowboys losing the Giants in the playoffs in January 2008, if it's about anything else I have no interest in seeing it at all.

--Mike

It is simply one of the most astounding performances I have EVER seen. If he was an American actor, he would be a household name.

I loved Ganz in Wings of Desire - perhaps it's time for me to check out Downfall.

And as fun as it is to derail this thread, I must say I've seen Oasis twice live, and both shows were fookin brilliant. There's nothing quite as satisfying in life as extending the middle finger to Liam as he's staring at the crowd like a statue.

Liam can't write songs and Noel can't sing (compared to Liam), I suspect they will be back.

that's just not true. and it's not even debatable. noel has a way better singing voice than liam. liam has a recognizable voice, but that's about it. he really has no range, and it's gotten worse over the years from all the smoking. i think we have yet to hear the best from noel gallagher, assuming he continues his career in music without oasis....or maybe we have heard the best, (those first two albums were stellar) but i think he's better off on his own at this point. after all, he was really the only thing holding oasis together.

Of course, Ganz was also brilliant in Der Himmel über Berlin, a.k.a. Wings of Desire.

This is way more interesting than talking about Oasis.

OMG yes, and OMFG yes.

Really? She's a shithead too. Seriously, their kids should never be allowed to touch musical instruments.

that's just not true. and it's not even debatable. noel has a way better singing voice than liam. liam has a recognizable voice, but that's about it. he really has no range, and it's gotten worse over the years from all the smoking. i think we have yet to hear the best from noel gallagher, assuming he continues his career in music without oasis....or maybe we have heard the best, (those first two albums were stellar) but i think he's better off on his own at this point. after all, he was really the only thing holding oasis together.

It certainly is debatable as I'm about to prove with my debate:

Liam at least has some character to his voice. Imagine Noel trying to sing "What's the story" or something like that. It would suck bad. He does alright on the acoustic stuff but his voice is just bland to me. I do agree the first 2 albums are stellar but from what we have seen since, that may have been it. And if he is going to sing going forward, I'm out. And who is going to play tamborine now? They are both a couple of git's or Pratt's or whatever.

Maybe we can drop both Gavin and Gwen out of an airplane over Dresden.

It certainly is debatable as I'm about to prove with my debate:

Liam at least has some character to his voice. Imagine Noel trying to sing "What's the story" or something like that. It would suck bad. He does alright on the acoustic stuff but his voice is just bland to me. I do agree the first 2 albums are stellar but from what we have seen since, that may have been it. And if he is going to sing going forward, I'm out. And who is going to play tamborine now? They are both a couple of git's or Pratt's or whatever.

i don't have to imagine noel singing "morning glory" cause i've heard it, and it sounds great. anyway, i guess you just like liam's voice better, but that certainly doesn't mean he's the better singer. technically speaking, noel is a much more gifted vocalist, and that is the part that isn't debatable. anyway, i wasn't suggesting that oasis would carry on with noel as the frontman, after all, noel left oasis. i think with noel leaving his band, it will give him a chance to write songs more fitting to him, and that he otherwise may not have written for oasis. i actually think that most of the good songs from the past four oasis albums were the ones that noel sang. personally i think he's a great songwriter and has a bright future, as either a solo artist, or fronting a new band.

i don't have to imagine noel singing "morning glory" cause i've heard it, and it sounds great. anyway, i guess you just like liam's voice better, but that certainly doesn't mean he's the better singer. technically speaking, noel is a much more gifted vocalist, and that is the part that isn't debatable. anyway, i wasn't suggesting that oasis would carry on with noel as the frontman, after all, noel left oasis. i think with noel leaving his band, it will give him a chance to write songs more fitting to him, and that he otherwise may not have written for oasis. i actually think that most of the good songs from the past four oasis albums were the ones that noel sang. personally i think he's a great songwriter and has a bright future, as either a solo artist, or fronting a new band.

But only Liam has the ability to turn a single-syllable word into a three-syllable word, like "shine": She-IIII-un.