Wilco - 10/14/2009 Toronto

Really fun!!! Security was crazy, nobody was allowed to rush the stage. And they meant it, too. A security guard was running back and forth at the front all night making sure nobody got up there. I asked one of the guys working there and he said it was requested by the band, but I don't know if he just wanted me to listen to him. I met some nice Viachicago fellas, too! :)

Also, my mom and brother were sitting in the gallery, and during the second song an older fellow asked a younger guy (my brother said 19ish) to sit down, and the kid attacked the guy! He was taken out of the place after but then came back, apparently. Bad vibes.

Hi Rachel!

I thought of you when I saw Pot Kettle Black on the setlist! Are you staying with us this weekend? email me!

Hi Rachel!

I thought of you when I saw Pot Kettle Black on the setlist! Are you staying with us this weekend? email me!

Aw haha, I LOST it when they played Pot Kettle Black! Definitely creeped out a few people. Emailing you right now!

We were in the 1st balcony and had a few people around us that sat through the whole show. Not sure how anyone could sit through that whole encore set, if that didn't get you moving, nothing can.

we were in the balcony too, it amazed me that everyone was sitting! the first show (of 5) that I've sat at.

I wanted to stand, but we had people behind us, so thought it would be rude. they stood for the encore though, so then I did.

My first show in something like three years, and pretty solid overall! I didn't really lose myself in the experience 'til Monday segued into Outtasite, but those last few numbers were absolutely stellar. Also really, really appreciated the Summerteeth songs, especially How to Fight Loneliness. And a huge thank you to the loner with a seat in the left gallery, aisle 21, row C for not showing up. I took your seat so I could enjoy the show with the folks I ended up going with. :cheers

In case anybody has been keeping track, which I'm sure they haven't, this was Liam and EJ's setlist for night 1 at Massey (sorry for the delay...just realized I never actually posted it):

Plane Crash

Long Way To Go

Remember When

I'll Be Lightning

On Your Side>

Second Chance

Lead Balloon

My 3rd time seeing Wilco and they sounded better than ever, without a doubt. The last time in Toronto at Massey, I felt like something was off and the show lacked energy. Nothing like the first time I saw them, which was the love-in at MSG on new years.

Anyways, this show was phenomenal. The sound from the balcony was insanely good, all kinds of noises bouncing off of everywhere produced quite a trippy effect. Nels completely blew me away, I knew he was good but shit the guy is a maniac. Impossible Germany an obvious highlight, and I really enjoyed hearing One Wing and Theologians. Shame that Feist didn't perform, I left a little disappointed about that but no biggy in the end.

Seeing them on Wednesday reaffirmed my position that this band is 10000x better live than recorded. Over the past few months I've been playing the albums to my girlfriend and she couldn't really understand my love of Wilco. Anyways she left the concert a fan.

My 3rd time seeing Wilco and they sounded better than ever, without a doubt. The last time in Toronto at Massey, I felt like something was off and the show lacked energy. Nothing like the first time I saw them, which was the love-in at MSG on new years.

Anyways, this show was phenomenal. The sound from the balcony was insanely good, all kinds of noises bouncing off of everywhere produced quite a trippy effect. Nels completely blew me away, I knew he was good but shit the guy is a maniac. Impossible Germany an obvious highlight, and I really enjoyed hearing One Wing and Theologians. Shame that Feist didn't perform, I left a little disappointed about that but no biggy in the end.

Seeing them on Wednesday reaffirmed my position that this band is 10000x better live than recorded. Over the past few months I've been playing the albums to my girlfriend and she couldn't really understand my love of Wilco. Anyways she left the concert a fan.

Feist was at the Mod Club that night - boyfriend in Bahamas was opening for BSS-mate Amy Millan. Glad she showed up on Thursday, and that I chose that show to attend.

Feist was at the Mod Club that night - boyfriend in Bahamas was opening for BSS-mate Amy Millan. Glad she showed up on Thursday, and that I chose that show to attend.

F - you at the Milan show? I was dead centre about 20 feet back.

It seemed like a really short set - maybe an hour at most.