You know you're a crazy Wilco fan when . . .

So, I was in the elevator at work today and these random people who I do not know we're talking about how one of them is getting ready for a vacation in New Zealand. This woman adds, "Yes, New Zealand is beautiful," and I had to suppress every urge to say, "Well, Jeff Tweedy seemed to really like it..."

Thankfully, I did not and managed to survive another day without revealing the crazy.

It's good to know I'm not alone. Now I must go light my candles in the Tweedy shrine.

Don't you mean "It's good to be alone."

I just do as I am told ....

Which brings up an interesting question:

Is it still true that "there's no blood on my hands" even if there's blood in his hair, and on the sofa, and in the sink and even the trunk? How much of a neatnik is he, to have managed not to get any on his hands?! Or did he just wash up after?

I'm confused.

My neice was going through my photos on my camera, and did the the ole --- "Who's that booooooooyyyyyyy" to one of Jeff and I that I refuse to delete from my sim card. "Is that your boooooooyyyyyyfffffrrrrriiiieeennnndddd?????" I said, "From your lips to God's ears, Sweetie!"

My desktop background for the past 15 months has been a picture of Jeff and I from the Tanglewood show. One of my friends moved in with me this past April. I didn't find out until two months later, on my birthday, that she had been going along assuming that Jeff was the new b/f that she hadn't met yet! I guess she was a little confused at my birthday dinner...lol

Is it still true that "there's no blood on my hands" even if there's blood in his hair, and on the sofa, and in the sink and even the trunk? How much of a neatnik is he, to have managed not to get any on his hands?! Or did he just wash up after?

I'm confused.

Plus, it's cold, hot and running away to the sea. And there's something in his veins that's even bloodier.

That's so cute about the friend, E. I imagine her seeing Tweedy in a magazine or something and going, "Wow, I knew your boyfriend was in a band, but I had no idea he was so famous!"

Funny that you say that, L, because my Tweedy cover mags are displayed in a glass cabinet door right next to my computer desk. Guess she missed those... ;)

I'm confused.

Plus, it's cold, hot and running away to the sea. And there's something in his veins that's even bloodier.

I'm sensing a theme here. It's like, if we could just put these puzzle pieces together in the right way, we'd have the murderer!!!

Or else I've been watching too many police dramas on tv. :twitchsmile

"Ah, just one more thing before I go, Mr. Tweedy, what's this registration I found for a Bull Black Nova in your name...."

That's my Columbo impression. Picture me in a rumbled trench coat and cigar.

I'm just gonna throw this in here since I don't think its thread-worthy/necessary:

I've spent my Friday night cooking dinner to Sky Blue Sky, eating/cleaning/fixing the refrigerator to Summerteeth, watching the first half of the UC-WVU football game to YHF, and now I'm drinking wine while listening to Kicking Television. It's a good night! I haven't gotten a Wilco fix in weeks!

oh, its ok for you to say what you want from me. I believe thats the only way for me to be.... (is what I'm currently hearing)

:cheers

I have a friend that calls me "Wilco". He called my cell phone and played some Mermaid Ave as a voicemail message.

A guy I work with used to be my mortal enemy. I couldn't call him by his name. I used his initials, but not to his face. So, about 2 years later he was loaned into my department and we had a meeting at my desk. I have Wilco wall, complete with the 2009 Wilco calendar, ticket stubs and a few cell phone pix. (i promise frome here on out I WILL NEVER take cell phone pix again at a show). He saw my calendar and asked "is that Wilco?" I said yes and he said that HE was a Wilco fan, and we've been pals ever since. :cheers

If me and this guy can come together over Wilco, maybe there is hope for every one.

Maybe at the next G 20?

I'm reading this while listening to the last track on KT:

If all men were truly brothers, why, then, we hurt one another? Love. And peace. From ocean to ocean...

Serendipity!

How's this for nuts -- a friend called my cell phone and asked what song was playing as he waited for me to answer -- it was really good. I had no idea what he was talking about (new phone and I technologically inept), so I called it and low and behold -- it was Heavy Metal Drummer. I forgot that I tried to get that as my ring tone, but it was only available as a ring back -- which I had not idea what it was.

I was so excited that he liked it, that I left him this message "IT WAS WILCO!!!!!! HEAVY METAL DRUMMER FROM YANKEE HOTEL FOXTROT. IT'S A GREAT SONG AND YOU LIKE IT. YOU HAVE TO BUY IT NOW!!!!!"

How's this for nuts -- a friend called my cell phone and asked what song was playing as he waited for me to answer -- it was really good. I had no idea what he was talking about (new phone and I technologically inept), so I called it and low and behold -- it was Heavy Metal Drummer. I forgot that I tried to get that as my ring tone, but it was only available as a ring back -- which I had not idea what it was.

I was so excited that he liked it, that I left him this message "IT WAS WILCO!!!!!! HEAVY METAL DRUMMER FROM YANKEE HOTEL FOXTROT. IT'S A GREAT SONG AND YOU LIKE IT. YOU HAVE TO BUY IT NOW!!!!!"

i do something like that every time of my friends even remotely says they like anything wilco-related...hah

• 1 month later...