Who are Wilco's musical influences?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Why am I interested in the timing of members quitting and new members joining? Are you REALLY asking me that question or are you being a tool?

AM was influenced by Jay Farrar. BT through YHF were influnced by Jay Bennett. YHF and AGIB were influenced by Jim O'Rourke. SBS was influenced by Sue Tweedy. W(TA) was influenced by Neil Finn.

were the mermaid avenues influenced by woody guthrie?

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you should ask. Lately, I've been revisiting Steely Dan in a big way (which I haven't done since I was a teenager which was before Wilco were conceived of) and I'm hearing a great deal of their influence on Tweedy's songwriting, from the arrangements (keyboard motifs, guitar solos that are afforded their own melody structure and even time signature changes) to the at-times oblique lyrics.

Obviously the Beatles, Stones, Placemats etc but another set of influences I hear creeping in are Can, Fleetwood Mac (the Buckingham/Nicks pop years rather than the Peter Green years) and King Crimson and Pink Floyd. But not Radiohead.

on SBS, I hear some Van Morrison-ish stuff...and through out their albums there is a very strong influence from The Band.

Maybe some Buffalo Springfield, too?

Those mentioned in prior posts are definite!