What The Hell Happened to Hell Is Chrome?

Hell is Chrome??

What do you mean? Why they don't play it much?

looking at the setlists on the current tour, it's shocking to me that Hell is Chrome isn't even on their radar as a possibility live... have they even played it once?

imo it's one of their best tunes. A great mood-setter, nice crescendo, ripping guitar section. Even the "come with me" part, albeit a little corny, works perfectly in a live setting in a unifying kind of way

looking at the setlists on the current tour, it's shocking to me that Hell is Chrome isn't even on their radar as a possibility live... have they even played it once?

imo it's one of their best tunes. A great mood-setter, nice crescendo, ripping guitar section. Even the "come with me" part, albeit a little corny, works perfectly in a live setting in a unifying kind of way

hells yes. such a great opener. shuts everyone up.

Always liked, but never loved Hell is Chrome until I saw them play it at Portland, ME at the Merrill auditorium. Completely changed my whole outlook on this song and it is now up there with one of my favorite Wilco songs.

the version on AGIB isn't that great to be honest. the levels are weird and it just feels lifeless. the Kicking Television version is the complete opposite - perfect levels and a real pulse

"Hell Is Chrome" never really did it for me until I listened to it driving around after a huge snowfall. Something about the muffled sonics and the giant blanket of white creating a sublime context for it to gently bash me over the head.

It then sounded as warm as the vintage gear it was recorded on at Sear Sound.

the version on AGIB isn't that great to be honest. the levels are weird and it just feels lifeless. the Kicking Television version is the complete opposite - perfect levels and a real pulse

i respectfully disagree. the studio recordings of hell is chrome and muzzle of bees are probably my two favorite. i love how they sound.

To answer the question initially in the thread: I think it's just on rest. For some reason I guess they feel they played it too often. It will come back. Look it At Least That's What You Said. It missed a lot of shows from 06-08. (from memory Hell Is Chrome seemed to get played more).

And I was at that Portland, ME show. It was amazing! Nice venue.