NZ Dates

Wellington tix finally went on sale at 11:30. Best to call up if you want reserved though, the ones that they are selling online put you behind the stage!!!

Crap! trying to work out this map

so are these tickets behind the stage?

GALSection: GA-HRow: DDSeat: 78

Yeah, that's what it looks like to me. seats numbered 44 - 91 look like they're behind the stage. I would call up and complain if you've bought these seats already.

So I have just brought A Reserve Top Dollar tickets, to see Wilco backsides :blink

Tickets sorted (row D, 6 rows back) so pretty happy.

I'm excited about seeing them at a lovely old theatre like the Civic. Check out link below to see it in all it's totally over-the-top glory!

Civic

Is it just me or is this a fairly big venue (2500 capacity) for a band like Wilco to play in Auckland?

Could this mean there might be further developments re supporting artists?

Tickets sorted (row D, 6 rows back) so pretty happy.

I'm excited about seeing them at a lovely old theatre like the Civic. Check out link below to see it in all it's totally over-the-top glory!

Civic

Is it just me or is this a fairly big venue (2500 capacity) for a band like Wilco to play in Auckland?

Could this mean there might be further developments re supporting artists?

They'll fill it - Wilco's audience grows every year, and you can't under-estimate the 7WC effect. A lot of people heard them for the first time at that Neil Finn gig - and I think they won a lot of new fans that night.

The Wellington Town Hall is a great venue, it's capacity of 1600 is only a little bit bigger than The Opera House (1400) which they packed-out in 2008. Given the number of people I've talked to who have kicked themselves for not going to that gig a couple of years ago, getting a couple of hundred extra people along next year should be a piece of cake.

They'll fill it - Wilco's audience grows every year, and you can't under-estimate the 7WC effect. A lot of people heard them for the first time at that Neil Finn gig - and I think they won a lot of new fans that night.

The Wellington Town Hall is a great venue, it's capacity of 1600 is only a little bit bigger than The Opera House (1400) which they packed-out in 2008. Given the number of people I've talked to who have kicked themselves for not going to that gig a couple of years ago, getting a couple of hundred extra people along next year should be a piece of cake.

Maybe you Wellingtonians are a more discerning and dedicated bunch, but i fear the apathy of the Auckland concert goer.

I don't think they quite sold out the Bruce Mason Theatre in 2008 and that is less than half the size of the Civic - but I hope you're right and they pack the Civic out. You make a good point about the possible 7WC effect - there was a definite buzz at those shows about the Wilco guys performance of their own stuff and their contribution to the other artists' songs. I'll be doing my bit to spread the word anyway.

If there was any justice in this world - and any correlation between quality of music and performance and ticket sales - then they'd sell it out 5 times over (and Lady Gaga would be playing to a "crowd" of 15 kids in a school hall instead of at the Vector Arena next year).

Man how frustrating dealng with ticketek on this!

I called em yesterday and they didn't know anything, the guy said, "who, the wiggles?"!! this morning at 9 I was told 'on sale some time this morning don't know when' grrr. I finally got two GA for Welly, thinking theyd be closer than upstairs seated tx, still can't see a floor plan. So if the GA are seated, which sucks, does that mean allocated or first in best seat?? My e confirmation just says GA, blank row/seat.

I'm still super excited anyway

Thanks for all the help earlier today :thumbup I have had a look at some photos and You Tube clips of Wellington Town Hall and it looks like cool intimate place.

I am one of those people who saw Wilco for the first time at 7WCII, so looking forward to my first full on Wilco experience. I am taking a friend to the Auckland show who does not them at all, when I asked if she wanted to go this was her reply

I dont know any of their music but why not lol. One of my bruce buds in the US loves them so I figure they cant be too bad !!

Wow - that's a nice virtual tour of the Civic theatre.

Hate to show my age - but the last gig I went to there was Jethro Tull in 1974 (the War Child tour). It was a nice venue then - and looks even better now.

'OMG' - not showing my age

I saw a War Child tour gig - showing my age

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Justin Townes Earle announced as support act for Wellington and Auckland. Not sure where that leaves Don McGlashan, who I thought was originally down to open. Perhaps both?

I heard that JTE was great when he played here last year.

• 1 month later...

Attn Kiwis: Nick Bollinger interviews "Wilco" (not sure who exactly - possibly John as seems to be doing most of the press for this leg of the tour) on National Radio between 2 and 3pm today (Saturday 24 May). Might be available as a podcast later on.

Also, is anyone planning on documenting the setlist at next week's Wellington show? I did the last one and would be keen to have the night off this time around (but I'd have to know that someone else had it covered).

4 sleeps!!!

Also, is anyone planning on documenting the setlist at next week's Wellington show? I did the last one and would be keen to have the night off this time around (but I'd had to know that someone else had it covered).

Someone do it, please! It doesn't require that much methodical-ness (methodicism?). I'd love to be in Welly again, but it's not going to happen this time so it'd be great to get a report...:thumbup

And have fun, all you Kiwis! :cheers

Someone do it, please! It doesn't require that much methodical-ness (methodicism?). I'd love to be in Welly again, but it's not going to happen this time so it'd be great to get a report...:thumbup

And have fun, all you Kiwis! :cheers

Seconded. Wish I were there!

Never fear, my furry American friends, the setlist will be recorded in a methodicalised fashion. I'm there for you.

It should be quite a different vibe to last time, now that we've got the GA standing area.

3 sleeps.

4550486360_038f1140cf_m.jpg

Justin Townes Earle announced as support act for Wellington and Auckland. Not sure where that leaves Don McGlashan, who I thought was originally down to open. Perhaps both?

I heard that JTE was great when he played here last year.

I am guessing, and secretly hoping, that JTE replaces Don McGlashin. No mention of Don on the wilco website anymore, and no disrespect to Sir Don, but I have just heard great things about JTE, and would rather have more time for Wilco to rock out rather than split the bill 3 ways.