The new way they do One Wing cant touch this

The old one is in C while the new one is in A, and there's a rock-tastic coda in the old one while it's not really there in the new one. The differences are marginal.

that ending where pat jumps up and comes down ripping isnt there anymore is it??

plus he doesnt say "dear" at the end of the verses like he did.

Pretty sure they changed it so it wouldn't be Impossible Germany Pt. 2, and the Nels shredding gets a bit old after a while.

Edit. This version also ends in noise, like a million other Wilco songs. I think they said this was a "WIP" for a reason.

Pretty sure they changed it so it wouldn't be Impossible Germany Pt. 2, and the Nels shredding gets a bit old after a while.

But having Pat bring the string bends at the end is what makes this a great version in this posters view.

What a great ending! I never watched this one all the way through because I thought it was the same old One Wing. I like the current version, but this one just seemed more raw to me... I especially like Pat and Glen tearing it up at the end. It's nice to hear Pat shredding, his style is so different the Cline's.

SG

The guitar coda, while exciting and really rocking, is obviously cobbled on and really doesn't work in the entire context of the song. It exactly what some here complain that the SBS songs sould like: a, lyrical, tuneful song with forced guitar solo. wankey.

I like the coda at first, but it degenerates into noise that sounds more like indecision than anything else. I do wish the W(TA) version didn't end so abruptly, but this particular ending isn't the answer either.

Also: whoever did this video needs to be beaten with blunt instruments. Enough with the deliberately-out-of-focus crap already.