• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't panic everyone....

The pundits are saying that the Republicans, pushed hard by the tea baggers, are going to swept back into power and save the republic...yeah!!

I can't wait....

LouieB

And here is their leader:

Palin Assails Obama at Tea Party Meeting

“America is ready for another revolution!” she told the crowd, prompting the first of several standing ovations.

Palin's note-scrawled hand draws critics' ridicule

I simply can't wait for a Palin candidacy, with or without the corporate/facsist backing. Okay so those of us on the left are "deeply disappointed" by Obama, well given the only choice there will be in two years (yea it is going to be THAT soon) it may give everyone a chance to pause once again and figure out that Obama and the wimpy Dems, who are the real problem at the moment and aren't going to be looking so bad. Sure, Obama and the so called Democratic majority hasn't exactly bowled us over, but just wait. Remember it was not those Supreme Court members nominated by the Democratic administrations that brought us corporate personhood so they can buy unlimited amounts of campaign ads.

LouieB

The democrats are being killed by lack of competent congressional leadership and an aversion to the jugular (that the NeoCons and now the tea party lot have (and their aversion to facts and honest). I dread the next election ("every day is election day" as Obama said in the SOTU) because "mud slinging" is going to become far too mild a metaphor.

Eh...there are SO many other things to ridicule about her that I cannot be bothered by five or six words scrawled on her hand.

She nailed her speech, but her content was scary/dicey/dopey. Obama reads his speech from a teleprompter but his content is better.

Problem is, there are a LOT of angry people out there. I've discussed this before, but there isn't any great conspiracy here. A lot of folks with a modest understanding of American History are VERY angry in the hinterlands. They may not really be sure exactly what they want or whether it is just rhetoric, but Anger is a motivating force.

We would be well served to remember that before 9/11 in New York there was 4/19 in Oklahoma City. The greatest act of Terrorism on American soil prior to 9/11 was undertaken by angry, disenfranchised ultra conservatives.

I wonder if the FBI will do to the Teabaggers (that name still cracks me up) what they did to The Black Panther Party.

Probably not. But would the Teabaggers go militant and violent like the BPP in its extremes? Probably.

I guess it's fair to say that I am a little pessimistic about things.

Eh...there are SO many other things to ridicule about her that I cannot be bothered by five or six words scrawled on her hand.

She nailed her speech, but her content was scary/dicey/dopey. Obama reads his speech from a teleprompter but his content is better.

Problem is, there are a LOT of angry people out there. I've discussed this before, but there isn't any great conspiracy here. A lot of folks with a modest understanding of American History are VERY angry in the hinterlands. They may not really be sure exactly what they want or whether it is just rhetoric, but Anger is a motivating force.

We would be well served to remember that before 9/11 in New York there was 4/19 in Oklahoma City. The greatest act of Terrorism on American soil prior to 9/11 was undertaken by angry, disenfranchised ultra conservatives.

Presumably she had her speech in paper form. The notes were for a Q&A.

Presumably she had her speech in paper form. The notes were for a Q&A.

So...she's a Luddite to boot.

Talking about crib notes on her hand or any other place is simply not even interesting. All speakers need and usually should have some notes to speak from, so big fucking deal. It is the content (or the confusing content) of what she says that should be paid attention to.

Frankly even Obama should be able to talk more concisely without a teleprompter. Needless to say I dig Barack, but I get tired of hearing him stumble over impromptu answers. He is a far better speaker than W was/is, but the art of speaking clearly and consisely without heming and hawing is a lost art.

LouieB

Presumably she had her speech in paper form.

Indeed she did. Apparently reading a speech off of note cards is superior to reading it off of a teleprompter. :rolleyes

(psst... Ronald Reagan, the symbolic hero to all ye Teabaggers, was pretty darn effective with a teleprompter...)

Those five or six words are, presumably, the platform on which she will run for president, as she has hinted. Alone, if we were to completely disregard the million and one other ridiculous things she is guilty of, the note on hand thing would be less of an issue, but taken together, with all that other stuff, it simply cannot be ignored. If you need to write your political platform on your hand, to remind yourself of that platform, maybe you’re not quite ready for prime time, or maybe even an elementary school level debate.

She is the worst politician of my lifetime, and considering the competition, that’s saying something. And, on top of that, the most poisonous. This country is in a dangerous place right now, and she is simply adding fuel to the fire, really shitty low-grade fuel – if she were to drop dead tomorrow, the world would be a better place.

She is the worst politician of my lifetime, and considering the competition, that’s saying something. And, on top of that, the most poisonous. This country is in a dangerous place right now, and she is simply adding fuel to the fire, really shitty low-grade fuel – if she were to drop dead tomorrow, the world would be a better place.

wow. so she has surpassed bush for you?

I wonder if the FBI will do to the Teabaggers (that name still cracks me up) what they did to The Black Panther Party.

Right on. I'm glad you brought this up, because I've been suggesting this for awhile (although I used SDS for the example).

As I recall the FBI infiltrated the anti-war organizations (who were generally pacifist in nature) and cranked up the hysteria with their rhetoric until they became armed "revolutionaries". Once that happened any sympathy Mom-and-pop "Middle America" had for those groups disappeared - that's how Nixon & Co. crushed the Left.

It's sick, but brilliant. The Teabaggers are already one step away from total craziness - maybe the FBI should try it again, this time to discredit the Right?

Those five or six words are, presumably, the platform on which she will run for president, as she has hinted. Alone, if we were to completely disregard the million and one other ridiculous things she is guilty of, the note on hand thing would be less of an issue, but taken together, with all that other stuff, it simply cannot be ignored. If you need to write your political platform on your hand, to remind yourself of that platform, maybe you’re not quite ready for prime time, or maybe even an elementary school level debate.

The growing throng that already thinks she's the candidate eat this up because ... "by God, she's just like us." It's an endearing thing to those that would rather vote for someone they could have a beer with, rather than someone who could -- or would even try -- to represent anything but the top 1% of the nation's income.

It's like the silly-assed Bush sign of "Miss me yet?" There is a secretary in this office that has it pasted over her desk. Proof enough to dread the next election.

I simply can't wait for a Palin candidacy, with or without the corporate/facsist backing. Okay so those of us on the left are "deeply disappointed" by Obama, well given the only choice there will be in two years (yea it is going to be THAT soon) it may give everyone a chance to pause once again and figure out that Obama and the wimpy Dems, who are the real problem at the moment and aren't going to be looking so bad. Sure, Obama and the so called Democratic majority hasn't exactly bowled us over, but just wait.

LouieB

Yes, exactly. Just wait. We'll end up with an administration expanding our wars, denying due process to detainees and US citizens, keeping Gitmo open, and ensuring that any healthcare reform doesn't have a public option. :rolleyes

mob_pitchforks_small.jpg

More like:

Reichstag_flag.jpg

wow. so she has surpassed bush for you?

I know, I’m just as surprised as you - I didn’t think it was possible, but the GOP went and found someone even less qualified and/or suitable for office than Bush – of course, they had to go all the way to the wilds of Alaska to find her, but find her they did.

If she doesn’t work out, there’s a rumor that for the 2016 elections, the Republicans have their eye on one of them there strange life forms that live off of and around deep, deep fucking ocean hydrothermal vents.

Right on. I'm glad you brought this up, because I've been suggesting this for awhile (although I used SDS for the example).

As I recall the FBI infiltrated the anti-war organizations (who were generally pacifist in nature) and cranked up the hysteria with their rhetoric until they became armed "revolutionaries". Once that happened any sympathy Mom-and-pop "Middle America" had for those groups disappeared - that's how Nixon & Co. crushed the Left.

It's sick, but brilliant. The Teabaggers are already one step away from total craziness - maybe the FBI should try it again, this time to discredit the Right?

I was also thinking of the fact that some of them walk around with guns, like The Black Panthers did. I am sure at least some of them have some sort of active file by this point.

You guys need to relax.

Sure some of the Tea Party group has some crazies, but so does every group when it becomes so large.

BPP partook in some violent actions.

I agree though Palin is terrible.

But what is so revolutionary about a group of people that think the government should rely more on the constitution?

The media will find the crazy people and put them on TV.

Palin will say shit in her speech to raise the level. To get excitement in the air, but it is all trivial. She knows not meaning of her words.