Daylight Saving Time

I will be taking this opportunity to correct the current situation in my house, wherein every clock is either 5 minutes slow or 5 minutes fast. So right now, it's 10 minutes earlier in the kitchen than it is in the living room. :hmm

Guest Speed Racer

Ooooh, I corrected all the clocks last year without telling my roommate, and she was late for a week because the kitchen clock wasn't fast anymore. :blush

Payback (of the hour of sleep we borrowed last fall) is a bitch.

Everyone always complains about being robbed of one hour of sleep and waking up in the dark.

F^*^ That!

Let's enjoy having it get dark an hour later. That's the real anecdote to the Winter Season Depression.

I know for me in New Hampshire it will be dark at 7p.m. instead of 6p.m.

Please take my hour of sleep, so that I may have an extra hour of daylight.

In fact, this event is kind of like crossing the finish line of winter.

Guest Speed Racer

Yeah, I just started running in the mornings again recently, and it's barely light out. Hard enough to get out of bed when it's cold out - even harder when it's pitch black.

Everyone always complains about being robbed of one hour of sleep and waking up in the dark.

F^*^ That!

Let's enjoy having it get dark an hour later. That's the real anecdote to the Winter Season Depression.

I know for me in New Hampshire it will be dark at 7p.m. instead of 6p.m.

Please take my hour of sleep, so that I may have an extra hour of daylight.

In fact, this event is kind of like crossing the finish line of winter.

Man, you are like the Ernesto "Che" Guevara of Daylight Savings Time. ¡Hasta la Victoria Siempre!

Yeah, I just started running in the mornings again recently, and it's barely light out. Hard enough to get out of bed when it's cold out - even harder when it's pitch black.

Agreed, my morning exercise regimen takes a beating this time of year.

Yesterday I went to a 5K/10K run in which three bands were playing along the race route. The 5K started at 8 am...the equivalent of 7 am. I've heard of bands playing until 7 am (Allmams at the Fillmore), but how does a band START playing at 7 am?

Guest Speed Racer

how does a band START playing at 7 am?

Really poorly, in my experience with similar road races. I guess they're trying to keep moving you along?

There was a band playing a rock version of "Chariots of Fire" at the Bolder Boulder 10k a few years ago which I thought was funny. I wondered if I timed it right as I was running by or if they really just play that song over and over for the entire race (Several hours).

There was a band playing a rock version of "Chariots of Fire" at the Bolder Boulder 10k a few years ago which I thought was funny. I wondered if I timed it right as I was running by or if they really just play that song over and over for the entire race (Several hours).

Wait, you mean that song isn't several hours long?

It feels like hours whenever I hear it. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard the whole song.