Joanna Newsom Have One On Me

JOANNA NEWSOM - HAVE ONE ON ME

Joanna Newsom's first record was that of a strange early 21st century folkie princess steeped in modern classicism with a slight sense of 20 century postmodern irony, freak folk yea thats the word. Her second album had nothing ironic about it we were in the beggining stages of a new age and god dammint she was gonna make something worthwhile , i myself only listen to the first track emily when i put on that record but thats just me. Now its 2010 and she has transformed into the new Bob Dylan !! yes its true , she has the acid tounge and elastic vocabulary to lay claim to the thrown , she has added a double album worth of songs to the american songwriters cannon. Its not post modern and its not digimodernism whatever that is , its pure enlightenment and hey thats the way things outta be!! She makes fleet foxes look like peter paul and mary and makes Jeff Tweedys latest batch look like neil diamond. All Hail The Queen.

A+

JOANNA NEWSOM - HAVE ONE ON ME

Joanna Newsom's first record was that of a strange early 21st century folkie princess steeped in modern classicism with a slight sense of 20 century postmodern irony, freak folk yea thats the word. Her second album had nothing ironic about it we were in the beggining stages of a new age and god dammint she was gonna make something worthwhile , i myself only listen to the first track emily when i put on that record but thats just me. Now its 2010 and she has transformed into the new Bob Dylan !! yes its true , she has the acid tounge and elastic vocabulary to lay claim to the thrown , she has added a double album worth of songs to the american songwriters cannon. Its not post modern and its not digimodernism whatever that is , its pure enlightenment and hey thats the way things outta be!! She makes fleet foxes look like peter paul and mary and makes Jeff Tweedys latest batch look like neil diamond. All Hail The Queen.

A+

D-

her albums are interesting musically and produced well. however, she is just so peculiar. i can't stop listening because it's so weird not because it's good. unfortunately, i think she ruins her music which seems to be the thing to do in the indie era. this trend seems to be continuing for the next decade given the stuff i heard out of swsw.

I said double album worth of material sure its three sides on vinly so thats fair

bollocks that review was definetly a B+ not my best wrk il admit but evrything i release has a spark of genuis to it Im like the old bob dylan . Joanna Newsom is the new Bob Dylan and Bob Dylan was the new shakespear and john lennon was the new Beck

bollocks that review was definetly a B+ not my best wrk il admit but evrything i release has a spark of genuis to it Im like the old bob dylan . Joanna Newsom is the new Bob Dylan and Bob Dylan was the new shakespear and john lennon was the new Beck

You could very well be the batshit crazy Dylan dancing around in a Santa costume, I'll grant you, but I would have stopped it right there. You went completely off the rails after that.

i think the secret to panther's success is that he writes his reviews in spanish, then bablefish's them into russian, before finally transtlating them into english. it's quite an interesting way of working.

oh, i didn't come in here just to post that crap, i also came to say you can stream a concert from her new tour (Washington) - here

setlist:

01 '81

02 Kingfisher

03 The Book of Right-On

04 Easy

05 Soft As Chalk

06 Inflammatory Writ!

07 Good Intentions Paving Company

08 Have One On Me

09 You and Me, Bess

10 Monkey and Bear

11 Baby Birch

her albums are interesting musically and produced well. however, she is just so peculiar. i can't stop listening because it's so weird not because it's good. unfortunately, i think she ruins her music which seems to be the thing to do in the indie era. this trend seems to be continuing for the next decade given the stuff i heard out of swsw.

well, i take some of this back. i heard a review of the album on fresh air and was inspired to get it. it is produced very well. a standard i would like to see more bands aspire to. very warm and immediate. at the same time, newsom's melodies are timeless without sounding cliche. she just nails it every time adding some little minor chord etc. also, the arrangements are so compelling. one verse has just harp, then the next has strings (warm and immediate, not cheese) and then a little horn solo. just great. she's toned down some of the voice stuff, but i've come to realize that's her real voice and not a shtick. anyway, i'm digging it.