Wilco 3-31-10 Scranton

Here's a link to the most useful picture I found by doing a Google image search, here. For some reason, it wouldn't let me copy and insert a link to the picture itself. It looks like it's a cool old building, and I hope it's got good acoustics. That chandelier looks like it could obstruct some views :lol

With U. of Scranton and the Mall at Steamtown both nearby, there are probably quite a few restaurants nearby. I wouldn't count on there being food inside, though. I'm not looking forward to driving on 81 at rush hour, but I'm definitely looking forward to the show! At just under two hours, this will be the shortest trip I've ever made to see Wilco.

Anyone know the cultural center? I hear there are no seats, just an empty floor. What's that like? Is there food? Any places to sit?

The Cultural Center is a very cool space (it's a former Masonic Temple) architecturally but I'm not sure how it will handle a sold out show in terms of crowding. There won't be seating. The show is in the grand ballroom that's used for weddings and small concerts so there shouldn't be a bad "seat" in the house. You can check out the facilities on the web site at http://www.scrantonculturalcenter.org/roomoptions.html. I'm not sure of the quality of acoustics either. They will likely have a bar but don't count on food. Plenty of bars can be found downtown. It's a good drinking town.

Here's the best photo I could find. There is typical fast food and bar for the theater concerts. I would think it would be the same. I've never seen a show in the ballroom.

3984924134_7e846c94b2.jpg

It Better be! They'll have to call up Kevin.... I wonder if The Office will make any Wilco reference in their show?

That's what she said...

I'm tinking of getting in line at like 4? Early? Late?

That's what she said...

I'm tinking of getting in line at like 4? Early? Late?

I hope you're not terribly late...because we'll just be pulling out of Syracuse at 4:00. Damn my concert pals and their dedication to things non-Wilco. Hopefully the ballroom is as intimate as they say. (That's definitely what she said.)

I'm coming from a few hours away to see this one, and it's interesting to see the ballroom layout. I hadn't really gotten much from the initial seating chart and now I'm wondering how exactly this will look, very interesting!

I live in scranton, and the cultural center is a really nice space... I've seen a couple of Grateful Dead related shows there- and a few others...sound is pretty good. the room is wider than it is long. not nearly as long from back to front as the electric factory and roseland ballroom etc. it's a pretty nice place and I'm very excited to see them in my hometown, last time I had to head to red bank, NJ. only food you'll find inside will probably be snacks- chips. they usually have a bar...