Now Playing: April 2010

Someone Great & All My Friends were both in my top 5 songs of 2007.

sure All My Friends is monotonous, but sometimes drone-y/repeated songs that build-up work well

i like the new album quite a bit, but def not as much as Sound of Silver, as there's 2 songs on the new one i don't care for at all (Drunk Girls & You Wanted A Hit)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Early yet, but I have a strong sense this will be my favorite Black Keys album. The first 1/2 oozes all kinds of funkiness and soul. The second half has a bit of a Keep It Hid vibe. Really digging this immensely.

ditto... i won't be surprised either.

my favorites have gone like this...

Big Come Up was my first taste, still preferred it to Thickfreakness when that one came out, Rubber Factory became my fave, Magic Potion is my least favorite of theirs (still pretty good tho), and then Attack & Release quickly became my favorite.

GAYNGS - Relayted.

some days i'm really wantin to listen to this, some days not so much. today is one of the former days.

It's not very good in my opinion. I've listened to it twice and kept asking myself "why am I listening to this again?"

I like it a lot better than their last one which was only okay in my book.

I really liked the last one but Sink or Swim is likely my favorite. Have you have ever heard the more stripped down version of the 59 Sound songs on last year's Record Day Release, Live at Park Avenue? Definitely gave me a deeper appreciation. I saw them open for someone once but have yet to see them headline. Need to check them out.

It's not very good in my opinion. I've listened to it twice and kept asking myself "why am I listening to this again?"

well...different strokes for different folks. i love it as an album, but i have to be in a certain mood for it.

that does lead to an interesting question though: why do we listen to anything?

I really liked the last one but Sink or Swim is likely my favorite. Have you have ever heard the more stripped down version of the 59 Sound songs on last year's Record Day Release, Live at Park Avenue? Definitely gave me a deeper appreciation. I saw them open for someone once but have yet to see them headline. Need to check them out.

Live at Park Avenue actually made me appreciate the album a lot more. They have a thinsound when they play live, in my opinion. not enough bass, and it's obvious that Brian tears his voice to shit on a tour.

I like it a lot better than their last one which was only okay in my book.

yeah? i like it a lot, but def not enjoying it as much as '59 Sound or Sink or Swim yet. it not quite as rockin' and a bit more generic lyrically

it's not BAD by any means, it's just i love this band and it's not kicking my ass yet. hoping/guessing it grows on me though.

the off-key vocals on the last track make me have to skip right past it almost every time sadly.

i think i'm too infatuated with the new Black Keys to give it my full attention right now anyway.

as for Gayngs, i can't really be impartial regarding that record considering my relationship, that and that it basically consists of a good chunk of the Twin Cities and Western Wisconsin's best musicians., but i still find it to be a blast. it's not for everyone or for every mood, but it never fails to put a smile on my face. can't wait to see the video for 'Cry' tomorrow

and i can't frickin' WAIT for the live shows (aka: The Last Prom on Earth) next month

417D5GMQTAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg41fOzHU7ppL._SL500_AA300_.jpg610PZ0WMSML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51FB7JE6H5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg41CXA3J043L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Meat Puppets - Too High To Die

Sybris - Into the Trees

Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose

The Cars - Candy-O

Wilco - Being There

512B1NeTsHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sup pop 20 year anniversary - Casual nostalgia fest - This turned out to be a great pickup on record store day. Blitzen trapper, Iron and wine, Vaselines, Comets on Fire, Obits, Wolf Parade, Green River...