Who was Jeff referring too?

In the Ashes DVD, during the segment on John, he talks about how the band could withstand one more line up change (as long as it wasn't John). Any thoughts?

In the Ashes DVD, during the segment on John, he talks about how the band could withstand one more line up change (as long as it wasn't John). Any thoughts?

I think that was more of a compliment to John than a 'boy would I love to give ____________ the axe' comment. Basically if anyone BUT John left, they could still call it Wilco. If John takes off... they're done.

wait, what's all this about the past possibility of Glenn leaving?

Basically, Glenn's drumming has become really sloppy. There's been rumours for months.

:monkey

Basically, Glenn's drumming has become really sloppy. There's been rumours for months.

Seriously??? I guess I'm out of the loop. I just find this hard to believe! I've always thought his drumming was perfect every time.

Seriously??? I guess I'm out of the loop. I just find this hard to believe! I've always thought his drumming was perfect every time.

I was being sarcastic! Hence the monkey. :monkey

I must say I believe you totally missed Jeff's point here. It was a lover letter...a homage to John.

I must say I believe you totally missed Jeff's point here. It was a lover letter...a homage to John.

Perhaps I am in error - I apologize. Unfortunately I cannot replay the DVD due to multitudinous (sp?) playing/scratches to post the exact quote. While I agree it was playing John in a positive light, another line-up change might still be possible given the bands previous history of turn around.