The t-shirt quality at the Wilco Store has really gone to shit - Has anyone noticed? Three shirts in the last six month that now serve as expensive dust rags. I know it's only $20 and you get what you pay for, but I've never had this problem in the past. I know t-shirts "Run Small" so I always order the largest 2x, and still they're too small. Also, the stitching comes out after one wash. Is there someone in charge of the quality of what goes in the store, or is all just fan made stuff.

I would happily pay more for a good quality shirt - It's embarrassing when you send these shirts out as gifts.

yeah I ordered two shirts last year

the grey "cherry ghost" was perfect and has kept its shape and colour. I wear it constantly

the yellow rooster one sucked from the moment I unwrapped it. Crappy material and shape.

these are the perils of online ordering...

Guest Speed Racer

the yellow rooster one sucked from the moment I unwrapped it. Crappy material and shape.

I have that one and love it. Also have the W(TA) shirt, and that one's great, too. Everyone's different, of course, and materials and sizing will feel/be different to almost everyone.

I ordered two from the online store and they both turned out bad. The Yellow Rooster was my first and I went with the XL. Too large and a very poor fit. I got the 70's looking Wilco Rocker in L. Too small and shrunk first time in the laundry, becoming one of my wife's favorites. But my L Air Wilco Tour T, that I got in Portland and tried on before leaving, is just right. Up there with my favorites. Really good soft cotton, good construction, good fit. I hate buying stuff at the show and having to lug it around all night, but I think that's the only way to go, because you just have to be able to try it on before buying.

Guest Speed Racer

Do people dislike the Rooster shirt maybe because it has a short-torso? I'm about 70% legs, and I think that might be one of the reasons I like the shirt.

Guest Jules

I enjoy all my Wilco shirts!!! if for no other reason to support that 9 year old Chinese girl that sewed it for $10 a week. :blush

I think the last one I bought was an American Apparel brand. Made in LA.

American Apparel shirts run small, in my experience. The whole line is designed for skinny teenagers.

I bought a red t-shirt in March at the Durham show. It was manufactured by Alstyle. The tag reads: "Made in Mexico of USA fabric." It's 100% cotton, so the fabric was most likely picked by one of those factory worker's migrant cousin. Profit goes to the Americans, so I guess everyone's getting paid.

This thread made me think of that old commercial for the ILGWU. That seems like a lifetime ago. It takes some serious effort to find a union label now. I teared up watching these.

"Look for the union label

When you are buying a coat, dress or blouse.

Remember somewhere our union's sewing

our wages going to feed the kids and run the house,

We work hard but who's complaining.

Thanks to the I.L.G. we're paying our way.

So, always look for the union label,

it says we're able

to make it in the U.S.A."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lg4gGk53iY&NR=1

This thread made me think of that old commercial for the ILGWU. That seems like a lifetime ago. It takes some serious effort to find a union label now. I teared up watching these.

it says we're able

Those clothes are ugly as shit.

it says we're able

I wonder how that sounds in Chinese?

I've only ordered once from the Wilco store in 2004 and never again. The T-Shirts are complete crap quality-wise, size M fits my friend's baby but not me, and they wanted a faxed copy of my credit card, otherwise they wouldn't process my order!! :realmad Thank God it was one that ran out the same month anyway.

I'd never order with them again. The only good thing were two shirts that weren't only big enough but also decent quality.

• 2 weeks later...

The poster from a Cincinnati show I attended is now on sale for $7.00. Great, except they want $11.85 to ship it. Thats almost as ridiculous as the $15 I payed to have a single ticket for the South Bend show mailed to me a month before the show. I don't consider myself cheap but I'm not big on getting flat out fleeced neither. Such a fan friendly band it is a little suprising how jacked-up the ticketing is.

The poster from a Cincinnati show I attended is now on sale for $7.00. Great, except they want $11.85 to ship it. Thats almost as ridiculous as the $15 I payed to have a single ticket for the South Bend show mailed to me a month before the show. I don't consider myself cheap but I'm not big on getting flat out fleeced neither. Such a fan friendly band it is a little suprising how jacked-up the ticketing is.

i would bet on the band not getting a dime from the shipping of that poster, and they probably broke even on the sale of it. As for the $15 shipping on the ticket to south bend... will call is usually free, not sure why you chose to pay for express shipping with a show a month off? :dontgetit

$12 to ship those posters is extremely fair. I ordered one through the website, and it came in a nice poster tube, rolled up with a slip sheet inside. I was a bit concerned about ordering a screenprinted poster through the mail. But they packed it damn well, which is very worth paying for.

i would bet on the band not getting a dime from the shipping of that poster, and they probably broke even on the sale of it. As for the $15 shipping on the ticket to south bend... will call is usually free, not sure why you chose to pay for express shipping with a show a month off? :dontgetit

I'm not insinuating the band is making money off kung fu's shipping, but they do control who their main merchandise vendor is. They are probably not aware of Kung Fu's shipping policies, I doubt anybody in the band does their Wilco poster shopping on line. As for the ticket you don't have a choice on your shipping options going through Frontgate. U.P.S. Ground is a mandatory $8.50 and the tickets are sent "two weeks before the show but maybe earlier" according to their site, couple that with a $5.50 service fee and your $45 ticket is now $59. Will call was not offered and driving up from Ky I want ticket in hand. Most posters this size ship for about $7.00 on ebay.