• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, what a great episode. I watched most it again today and caught the bit about Don's secretary, Ida Blankenship, having had an affair with Roger. I think he called her the queen of perversions or something! So even though, as someone said on here earlier, Don won't be banging her, someone once did! :lol

And what do you think about Peggy and Don? Is this the start of something romantic? Talk about a powerhouse couple.

That line killed me. Brilliant.

The line was brilliant and the delivery was...I don't even know. Child-like or something. No, that's not right. So subtle like you could have missed it had the scene not been so entirely riveting.

Me wonders if the shows opening credits are a foreshadow of how the show will end. Don leaving his office (and the series) via the window.

I interpreted it in a metaphoric sense. But that's the kind of girl I am.

And what do you think about Peggy and Don? Is this the start of something romantic? Talk about a powerhouse couple.

Yeah, I really hope not.

Not to digress here but one of the most fascinating things in history is not only is there an event called 'The Defenestration of Prague" there are two such named events.

Those wacky Bohemians...

• 2 weeks later...

I like how they amped up the ridiculousness of Edna in this one, almost baiting the viewer (me) to complain about her being a distraction, and then killed her.

The stick-up scene was scary. It really seemed like someone was going to die.

And, Peggy looks crazy hot when she's being flattered.

having been a kid of divorced parents, the daughter's part was spot on. what's fascinating to me is how they are addressing the 60s social issues in individual relationships rather than goofy found footage etc. very cool.

• 4 weeks later...

gotta say i thought the season was gonna end on a major down note. i certainly didn't foresee the events of last night coming, it actually felt a little sloppy and haphazard to me, the first time i can recall feeling that way about MM, especially a season finale.

gotta say i thought the season was gonna end on a major down note. i certainly didn't foresee the events of last night coming, it actually felt a little sloppy and haphazard to me, the first time i can recall feeling that way about MM, especially a season finale.

I loved it. I thought the scene when the daughter spilled the shake in the restaurant was really key. Don started to yell because that's what he was used to, especially with Betty. When the secretary handled it in a "let's not cry over spilled milk" fashion, he realized what a good "mom" she'd be to the kids. Obviously there were other things leading up to it and w/o the ring in his possession it would have never occurred to him, but I thought it was great.

He really thinks he'll be happy with her. He won't of course.

The whole season was a giant build up about consequences catching up with the alpha males and their elite sense of entitlement and smugness. And then in the eleventh hour, they get the big contract and Don gets a younger, even hotter wife who is great with his kids? I really felt for Faye. She was perhaps the first really strong, mature woman that Don was with and she was dumped like yesterday's trash on the side of the road. The most interesting thing that happened to me is Joan deciding to have Roger's kid, that plotline has strong possibilities.

I burst out laughing at the end, when Don was lying in bed and the clock radio began playing Sonny and Cher's "I Got You, Babe." It was an absolutely pitch-perfect reference to Groundhog Day, which used the same device to mark the beginning of Bill Murray's day that he had to relive again and again and again until he got it right.

I felt uncharacteristically optimistic for Don's development. The scene with Betty in the kitchen was a perfect bit of closure. Drinking expensive liquor out of a cheap glass in the empty house they once shared.

I felt uncharacteristically optimistic for Don's development. The scene with Betty in the kitchen was a perfect bit of closure. Drinking expensive liquor out of a cheap glass in the empty house they once shared.

Then leaving the kitchen out of separate doors at the same moment. Poetry in motion.

He does seem to be having a bit of an.... epiphany doesn't he? He really does believe that Meghan is the answer for him, yet Peggy and Joan were deriding him and his decision to "marry his secretary" and Peggy especially unappreciative of the moment when Don thanked her. Although that felt really honest to me -- am I also snowed under by his charm??

The history of Don and Anna's relationship was fraught with karmic undertones. She left the ring for him. All the pieces fell together like a mandala.

I'm still watching back episodes -- only started watching it last year. I HAVE A LOT TO LEARN!

I burst out laughing at the end, when Don was lying in bed and the clock radio began playing Sonny and Cher's "I Got You, Babe." It was an absolutely pitch-perfect reference to Groundhog Day, which used the same device to mark the beginning of Bill Murray's day that he had to relive again and again and again until he got it right.

I thought that too, but dismissed the connection until reading your post. Maybe it really was a Groundhog Day reference. Wild. Same shit same day Don.

I think Greg - your disappointment sounds like they threw you for a loop. So that's a good thing, right?

Don Draper's engagement ring goes on and on.

- Who's Dick?

- Well...that's me.

Don & Betty's sex scene next season is gonna be weird.