I think I'd be fine with Peggy going to a Dylan show, but I'd probably draw the line at her meeting him backstage with Pennebaker filming their interaction. It's not such a fine line between tasteful and Forrest Gump.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'd be fine with Peggy going to a Dylan show, but I'd probably draw the line at her meeting him backstage with Pennebaker filming their interaction. It's not such a fine line between tasteful and Forrest Gump.

I think it would be pretty forced, though it would be funny if she moves into the Chelsea and meets Edie Sedgewick. Or if she starts staying up all night all the time and ends up as a patient of Dr. Roberts. The possibilities are endless :lol

My only disappointment this season is the lack of Betty. She's been on, what, about 5 minutes?

My only disappointment this season is the lack of Betty. She's been on, what, about 5 minutes?

Well she was back on with a vengeance last night. I audibly gasped twice last night due to her dealings with Sally.

good ol'd draper still has a few tricks up his sleeve. Roger has become a total bore this season.

Draper did his homework for the Honda account, reading The Chrysanthemum and the Sword, then playing by the 'rules'.

Peggy in red, riding the bike in circles around the white soundstage. Cut to:

mad-men-logo.jpg

Brilliant tv.

I'm wondering whether the focus group doctor character is loosely based on Dr. Joyce Brothers, who worked in NY in the early 60s.

• 2 weeks later...

The Suitcase brought this show to a new level. Jon Hamm was astounding.

When I was a youngster, my dad sometimes drank like that. The two men are also physically similar. The subtlety in acting that long office scene with Elisabeth Moss was spot on.

Help me remember you oldsters...in the Samsonite ad featuring the elephant, wasn't it a mouse that had him standing on the suitcase?

Just when I thought I'd already seen the best episode of the season they pull this one out. Stellar writing coupled with Hamm and Moss made that one pitch perfect. Very powerful episode. I sense a 4th Emmy in Mad Men's future.

Help me remember you oldsters...in the Samsonite ad featuring the elephant, wasn't it a mouse that had him standing on the suitcase?

When the mouse appeared in Draper's office I was totally waiting for him to tie it in with the elephant and the Samsonite. I definitely recall an add with an elephant back in the day. I'm sure it will come up in the next episode.