Austin City Limits - Season 36

The lineup for the first half of the season has been announced.

http://www.nodepression.com/profiles/blogs/austin-city-limits-announces

AUSTIN CITY LIMITS SEASON 36 CURRENT BROADCAST SCHEDULE

(Check local listings for exact dates and times.)

October 2, 2010 Jimmy Cliff

October 9, 2010 Spoon

October 16, 2010 Patty Griffin & Friends

October 23, 2010 Alejandro Escovedo / Trombone Shorty

October 30, 2010 Robert Earl Keen / Hayes Carll

November 6, 2010 Steve Martin / Sarah Jarosz

November 13, 2010 Rosanne Cash / Brandi Carlile

November 20, 2010 John Legend & The Roots

I think it looks pretty good. A nice mix of styles and types. Dr Dog would be cool to see on the show. Too many of the same types of groups or genres makes the programing uninteresting. I like it when there are some groups I wouldn't normally check out.

• 4 months later...

I really enjoyed seeing Monsters of Folk last night. It's fun seeing those guys switching from instrument to instrument and having a good time. I was also pleasantly surprised that Will Johnson got the chance to sing one of his songs (Just to Know What You've Been Dreaming). I've been on a Centro-matic/South San Gabriel kick lately, so that was wonderful.

The National and Band of Horses are up next week. I'm looking forward to that one as well!

I hope everyone enjoys seeing The National and Band of Horses this weekend.

I just turned my TV on only to find out that this week my local station has replaced Austin City Limits with a program about John Denver. I checked the schedule - they don't plan on running at a later time. It appears they're simply not airing this episode, period.

Is it just my local channel, or do all the PBS stations cater to to the over 70 demographic? I'm so tired of seeing Celtic Woman and Doo Wop specials every time I turn PBS on.

At least the Sonic Youth / Black Keys episode is on the schedule (for now).

I hope everyone enjoys seeing The National and Band of Horses this weekend.

I just turned my TV on only to find out that this week my local station has replaced Austin City Limits with a program about John Denver. I checked the schedule - they don't plan on running at a later time. It appears they're simply not airing this episode, period.

Is it just my local channel, or do all the PBS stations cater to to the over 70 demographic? I'm so tired of seeing Celtic Woman and Doo Wop specials every time I turn PBS on.

At least the Sonic Youth / Black Keys episode is on the schedule (for now).

Do you live near Pittsburgh? That is what the Pittsburgh channel runs all the time. John Denver had some great songs. At least, Take Me Home, Country Roads and Rocky Mountain High are great songs.

I have not watched Austin City Limits in a long time. It's funny how they use to mainly feature country artists, and local Texas bands. Not much anymore, I don't think. I have several episodes on video. The one featuring Whiskeytown/Old 97s comes to mind.

Do you live near Pittsburgh? That is what the Pittsburgh channel runs all the time. John Denver had some great songs. At least, Take Me Home, Country Roads and Rocky Mountain High are great songs.

Yes, I do. I honestly love the idea of public television, but I do feel like they're aiming toward my grandmother's demographic.

I am glad they put the full episodes of Austin City Limits online. I sure would be nice to know I could turn my TV on and know that the programs will be shown locally.

Yes, I do. I honestly love the idea of public television, but I do feel like they're aiming toward my grandmother's demographic.

I am glad they put the full episodes of Austin City Limits online. I sure would be nice to know I could turn my TV on and know that the programs will be shown locally.

I think here where I live it is on very late now. My local PBS station runs some sort of religious show on Saturday nights - which I find odd. I mainly say that due to the fact we have 4 or 5 religious channels here. I don't know why PBS needs to run a religious show also.

The episode that Phish is on is something else. There were a lot of people there.

Caught The National/Band of Horses.

I guess if you're a fan of either, it was enjoyable. Not having heard any of their music before, I was left completely unimpressed by the performance.

Nice collection of guitars though....

I think here where I live it is on very late now. My local PBS station runs some sort of religious show on Saturday nights - which I find odd. I mainly say that due to the fact we have 4 or 5 religious channels here. I don't know why PBS needs to run a religious show also.

The episode that Phish is on is something else. There were a lot of people there.

It sounds like maybe I shouldn't complain about Pittsburgh.

Caught The National/Band of Horses.

I guess if you're a fan of either, it was enjoyable. Not having heard any of their music before, I was left completely unimpressed by the performance.

Nice collection of guitars though....

I thought it was transcendent. Especially Band of Horses which is rapidly becoming my favorite band. Glad I caught it on DVR. I say keep trying, both bands have some amazing music.

I consider myself a pretty big BoH fan, but this performance didn't really do it for me, and I'm not even sure why. They just sound too clean now, if that makes any sense. I also think Infinite Arms is the weakest of the three albums (which i think puts me in the minority), so that probably has something to do with it.