Now Playing: September, 2010

513rApfeqAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 61cfZ0qgsLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ronee Blakley - Welcome

The Dillards - Wheatstraw Suite

I'm sure you are the American me. You listen to 90% of the same things, and, whilst others will say it's no good, I commend you for it! I love those 2 Ronee Blakely albums - got some fantastic songs on them, and that Dillards album is one of my favourite rock/pop/bluegrass albums - I assume you've got/heard Copperfields too? That's the other one of their albums which is great.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you are the American me. You listen to 90% of the same things, and, whilst others will say it's no good, I commend you for it! I love those 2 Ronee Blakely albums - got some fantastic songs on them, and that Dillards album is one of my favourite rock/pop/bluegrass albums - I assume you've got/heard Copperfields too? That's the other one of their albums which is great.

You're probably right--not about the American part though, I'm Canadian--you post a lot of stuff I'm into as well. I was listening to that Dr. Strangely Strange disc just the other day.

I became a fan of Ronee's after seeing her in Altman's "Nashville." Naturally I had to track down her 2 solo records. I also have a bootleg of unreleased stuff somewhere. It's too bad she turned to acting instead of continuing with the music.

Yeah, Copperfields is the only other Dillards disc I have. Both are great of course.

NP:

maffitdavies.jpg 51W61SCTQQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Maffitt & Davies - The Rise and Fall of Honesty

Jimmie Spheeris - Isle of View

(These 2 are probably right up your alley too joss.)

ducks.jpg

Ducks Deluxe - s/t

Harper%27s+Bizarre+-+59th+Street+Bridge+Song+%28Feeling+Groovy%29.jpg 619HSKB38KL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 41AIRNT7HPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Harper's Bizarre - Feelin' Groovy

Segarini - Goodbye L.A.

Black Merda - Black Merda

Weird, my mom has been getting rid of her old vinyl and just gave me this one.

Weird again, Harper's Bizzare came up in conversation at my house just yesterday!

2n77G.jpg

Sagittarius - Present Tense

sahm_groove_F.jpg

Doug Sahm - Groover's Paradise