Songs not good enough for the album they are on

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the answer to "what is the bad song on Nothing's Shocking" is "none"

Yes!

Standing In The Shower Thinking in particular has many great elements: it's a perfect tonic to follow the madness of Ted Just Admit It, the song actually sounds like a shower, and it contains some of Perry's best blatherings (great verses!)

I'm a sucker for pedal steel, maybe that's why I have no problem with this song.

the only thing wrong with that song is John's whiny vocals... but oh-man-oh-man, they're a killer for me.

Yes!

Standing In The Shower Thinking in particular has many great elements: it's a perfect tonic to follow the madness of Ted Just Admit It, the song actually sounds like a shower, and it contains some of Perry's best blatherings (great verses!)

Indeed. Now if the OP was actually referring to "Grandad's Little Ditty" from Primus' Sailing the Seas of Cheese, then they might have a case...

the only thing wrong with that song is John's whiny vocals... but oh-man-oh-man, they're a killer for me.

Actually, the only thing wrong with the song is that, though John was able to rhyme "cripple" and "ripple" with "simple," he couldn't work "nipple" in there.

La La Love You - Doolittle

To me, the weak track on that record is "Silver."

Tony's Theme - Surfer Rosa

MMmmm ... OK, I'll give you that one. Though I don't mind that song at all, really.

Agree with cryptique with both of his assessments of those Pixies assessments.