Songs not good enough for the album they are on

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya'll are crazy. Not even gonna try to defend these except for "ballad of a thin man"

wtf are you smoking Froggie.

And the 2/3 of pet sounds comment........I have no idea what in the world you could be alluding too.

Ya'll are crazy. Not even gonna try to defend these except for "ballad of a thin man"

wtf are you smoking Froggie.

marlboro reds... and not ashamed to admit i dont like that song, even though i'm a big Dylan fan. it doesnt compare with the rest of the stuff on Highway 61

marlboro reds... and not ashamed to admit i dont like that song, even though i'm a big Dylan fan. it doesnt compare with the rest of the stuff on Highway 61

I was just listening to an Evanston, IL show from Nov. 4, 1991 this morning. Dylan notes:

Thanks everybody! Here's my theme song! (before Ballad Of A Thin Man).

One of my favorties songs of his. Love the riff in the tune.

And the 2/3 of pet sounds comment........I have no idea what in the world you could be alluding too.

Ah, it was just a bad joke as usual. Reference to the over rated discussion.

But I do take exception to the "Dogs" from Pink Floyd Animals statement from someone. Animals is one of my few choices for albums that I would not change a note. Dogs is epic.

I was just listening to an Evanston, IL show from Nov. 4, 1991 this morning. Dylan notes:

One of my favorties songs of his. Love the riff in the tune.

awesome show - golden vanity (complete with domestic argument in the middle!), what good am i? and folson prison. one of the best of 1991

awesome show - golden vanity (complete with domestic argument in the middle!), what good am i? and folson prison. one of the best of 1991

It is a great show, I only heard for the first time yesterday.

...and 'Meet me in the morning' off 'Blood on the Tracks'.

beg to differ. the one I most hear maligned on Blood on the Tracks is "Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts," (I might as well say it before someone else does) but the album needs both those songs. "Lily.." as a bit of lightness to make the pain on the rest of the record tolerable, and "Meet me.." for, among other things, the blistering pedal steel solo and the story behind it.