2010 - 2011 NBA Season

I know most people here don't care about the NBA but I'm going to the Nuggets home opener tonight against Utah so thought I would start this:

Some random questions (no need to answer, just thinking out loud):

• Do I boo Carmelo tonight when he is introduced?
  • Is a Laker championshiop inevitable?
  • Will it be Celtics/Lakers in the finals?
  • Will the poor performance by the big 3 in Miami continue through the year (based on last nights opener)? Too much pressure on Lebron this year?
  • Is Kevin Durant the best player in the league? Good enough to get his team deep in the playoffs?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know most people here don't care about the NBA but I'm going to the Nuggets home opener tonight against Utah so thought I would start this:

• Will it be Celtics/Lakers in the finals? y.
  • Will the poor performance by the big 3 in Miami continue through the year (based on last nights opener)? Too much pressure on Lebron this year?
  • Is Kevin Durant the best player in the league? Good enough to get his team deep in the playoffs?

1) No

2) Probably.

3) Possibly.

4) No. Yeah, but he wanted it.

5) I think he might be. Into the playoffs? Yes. Deep into the playoffs; I'm unsure.

I agree with not booing Carmelo, the man is just trying to get what he wants where he wants and I don't have a problem with that. He is handling it probalby the best way he can although I wish he would be honest and admit he wants the hell out of Denver. Sounds like he is even hitting up Spike Lee to get to New York.

Good luck to the Grizz Sooie! The power of positive thinking!

The Lakers on paper look even better than last year, I would most be worried about the Thunder if I were them, maybe Portland. I think the Heat will have nights where they steamroll great teams and nights where they lose to subpar teams (at least early on). The Celtics still have to be considered the favorites in the east. I'm very cautiously optimistic that the Knicks might make the playoffs as an 7 or 8 seed. Also stoked to see John Wall and Demarcus Cousins (2 UK guys) as they develop. Are the Spurs relevent anymore?

i'm looking forward to seeing how dominant Blake Griffin will be this year. watching him in high school and college, it was pretty obvious that he was something special at those levels.

Rookie of the Year.

I like the onions take on the Boston Celtics:

Boston Celtics: The only team in the league that gives you the opportunity to point to all the players on the court and explain to your son what each one was like 10 years ago

i'm looking forward to seeing how dominant Blake Griffin will be this year. watching him in high school and college, it was pretty obvious that he was something special at those levels.

He does look like a shoo in for rookie of the year. Nice to have a reason to watch the Clippers this year. With his new hairdo he reminds me of Will Ferrell out there playing.

• 2 months later...

• Will it be Celtics/Lakers in the finals?

1) No

2) Probably.

3) Possibly.

4) No. Yeah, but he wanted it.

5) I think he might be. Into the playoffs? Yes. Deep into the playoffs; I'm unsure.

I need to change my answer to the last question. LeBron is far and away the best player in the NBA and it's not even close.

As of this moment, the Chicago Bulls have the same record as the Los Angeles Lakers (33-14).

This probably says more about the Lakers than the Bulls, but as a Bulls fan, I'm pleased by this.

I can't say I see the Bulls getting past Boston and/or Miami in the playoffs, but nobody's going to want to play them in a seven-game series.

Hopefully Noah will return soon and they'll get even better.

As of this moment, the Chicago Bulls have the same record as the Los Angeles Lakers (33-14).

This probably says more about the Lakers than the Bulls, but as a Bulls fan, I'm pleased by this.

I can't say I see the Bulls getting past Boston and/or Miami in the playoffs, but nobody's going to want to play them in a seven-game series.

Hopefully Noah will return soon and they'll get even better.

That's a fun team and could give fits to any other team in the playoff. Noah seems to have made a huge leap in his play this year. And how tough is Derrik Rose? I would certainly root for them to go deep in the playoffs.

Well, aesthetics are tough to argue. For instance, even though I know Dwyane Wade is a far better player, I preferred watching Michael Beasley play for the Heat last year from a purely aesthetic point of view. I just find his game incredibly pleasing, for all of the reasons I find Wade's boring; there's a methodicalness and preplanned nature to his greatness that turns me off, somewhat.

So, with Odom, I could totally see that argument. There's a million things he can do on the court, he's super long and supremely coordinated, and he's extremely smooth. He's like LeBron James, but with some soul.