• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got to see DBT again last night. It was about 3 years ago that I saw my first show, which was on the tour they did with The Hold Steady.

I went with my Dad last night. He likes his share of Southern Rock, so I've been wanting him to see DBT for a while. He was only vaguely familiar with their music ahead of time but he loved the show. He's been online checking out videos, posting on their Facebook page and telling his friends about the show. The highlight for him was "Buttholeville," which I think is kinda funny. I thought the show was great too, but the best part is seeing how much he enjoyed it.

The opening act - Jessica Lea Mayfield - was pretty boring unfortunately. I think I understand what she's trying to accomplish musically, and I appreciate it, but something just isn't right there.

• 3 weeks later...

Just read that Shonna Tucker loft the band......I wonder what happened.

Shonna's Statement

Hello friends,

Unfortunately, I come to you all with some sad news.

It's time for me to move on to the next great thing, whatever that may be.

I want to thank each and everyone of you, with my whole heart for your overwhelming kindness and support over the years. You are the greatest fans in the world! You really do amaze and inspire me. I can't express how much you all mean to me. Your rock solid encouragement has carried me through, many nights. I have been so lucky to have had the chance to meet and talk with so many of you. Your stories and passion are so incredibly inspirational to me.

I am, without a doubt, not done. I will have a website up and running very soon so that we can keep in touch. I have a whole lot left to say and do, and I can't wait to hear what all of you are up to. This is very difficult, so I'll leave you with this... for now...

Thank you all so much!

Safe travels and Happy Holidays to you all!

See you soon somewhere...

All my love,

Shonna

DBT, Paterson Hood, Shonna Tucker - No Comments » - Posted on December, 5 at 7:17 pm

Y’all:

As word starts to spread, we have to confirm that Shonna Tucker has left Drive-By Truckers.

We all love and respect her and wish her all of the best in everything she sets out for.

Shonna joined the band the last week of 2003 and has played on some of our best recordings.

She logged in over 1000 shows and was also a major part of our records with Bettye LaVette and Booker T. Jones.

Her charm and spark will be irreplaceable and her part in our last decade of this band’s history is indisputable.

We will share in our fans missing of her.

DBT does plan to carry on and continue forward.

We have major shows planned for New Years Eve weekend as well as our 40 Watt / Nuci’s Space / Athens Homecoming.

We have long been planning on doing less touring in this next year but do intend to begin recording our next album at some point in the not too distant future.

David Barbe will be playing bass in our upcoming shows. He has been part of the DBT family since 2000.

We appreciate our fans and supporters and your caring and concern.

Decisions like this are not made lightly so we ask that you respect all parties in regards to our privacy in this matter. Everyone involved deeply cares for each other.

Love and Rock,

Patterson

http://threedimesdown.com/

being in that band is probably not an easy thing. very intense touring and very intense music. at this point, i'd love to get a tight 10 song album with 4 from cooley and 6 from patterson.

as for shonna, she'll probably do session work. i think that is what she was doing before DBT.

btw, the 400 Unit comment is hilarious!