• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one fantastic song. Love it.

Thanks for posting the link, Moss. :cheers

Earlier DBT discussion can be found (espcially the previous album "The Big To-Do")

in this thread ----> http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/42409-the-big-to-do/

But Onward here with news about "Go-Go Boots."

Also - I have to admit I missed the part about NineBullets biting the dust, or getting reinvented or something. Here's a link to Three Dimes Down, its apparent replacement : http://threedimesdown.com/

and the message board: http://www.threedimesdown.com/forum/

The latest from Patterson:

Y'ALL:

Hope everyone out there is doing fine.

We've enjoyed our time at home, although no one could actually accuse us of being "Off". Actually been really busy preparing for our Halloween Weekend Shows, getting the next record all set up, working out logistics for The Big UK/Europe To-Do and setting up our NEW YEARS EVE BIG TO-DO FINALE which we will have more info on for you very soon and TONS MORE.

First off, for all of our FACEBOOK Friends, we just launched a FREE DOWNLOAD of "Your Woman is a Living Thing" (our Record Store Day Single from April) and the track that you have heard prior to our set if you have been to a Rock Show in the past year.

This Weekend is our Big To-Do Halloween Weekend Extravaganza with shows in Boone NC, 2 Nights in Richmond VA (including our Big Halloween Ball on Saturday) and Halloween Night at The Fillmore in Charlotte NC. Our good friend Bobby Bare Jr will be joining us for the entire run. In honor of the big Halloween weekend we wanted to send out a special World Premiere Live Video of "USED TO BE A COP" filmed by Jason Thrasher at our Atlanta GA show a few weeks back. The song is from our forthcoming new album and we're really excited about it!

Record Store Day was such a success back in April that everyone has decided to do it again on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving). Our love of Vinyl and Independent Record Stores is legendary and for the occasion we are releasing A SPECIAL 10" 45 of two Brand New songs: "THE THANKSGIVING FILTER" and "USED TO BE A COP". It features a special sleeve designed by Wes Freed, a Free MP3 Download of both songs. We are doing a limited pressing of only 2500 copies so it is sure to become a collectors item (plus it gives you a special sneak peak of a little of what's in store for 2011).

In the meantime, we can't wait to take The Big To-Do to the UK and Europe. It's been two and a half years since we've toured over there and this time we're hitting a bunch of countries we've never played before. Ticket sales have been great (We just Sold Out Birmingham and all of the UK shows are following close behind) so get your ticket before it's too late.

Finally, we will be kicking off 2011 with the release of our new album. GO-GO BOOTS will be coming out from our good friends at ATO Records on February 15, 2011 (it will be released in Europe from our friends at PIAS Records on Valentines Day, Feb 14).

Look Out for The Go-Go Boots Episodes, (a series of short films about the album produced and directed by Jason Thrasher and Myself). There will be a Pilot Episode Coming in November with the others following around the first of the year. We are really proud of these and can't wait for you to see them.

There's actually a lot more to tell, but it's going to have to wait till next time because I have a lot of packing to do.

SEE YOU AT THE ROCK SHOW!

Patterson Hood

I enjoyed "Used to Be a Cop," but didn't quite grasp "Your Woman is a Living Thing" after a few plays...

I downloaded it (Your Woman is a Living Thing) and was playing the old iPod on random when it popped up and I said "What the Fuck" loud enought to turn a few heads in the office...

• 2 weeks later...

scaled_e1289237069.jpg

1. I Do Believe

2. Go-Go Boots

3. Dancin’ Ricky

4. Cartoon Gold

5. Ray’s Automatic Weapon

6. Everybody Needs Love

7. Assholes

8. The Weakest Man

9. Used To Be A Cop

10. The Fireplace Poker

11. Where’s Eddie

12. The Thanksgiving Filter

13. Pulaski

14. Mercy Buckets

Slated for a February 15, 2011 release.

• 2 weeks later...

Preview of the new album from Patterson:

Go Go Boots preview

thanks for posting this. i missed it somehow. in the preview patterson says that they'll have a single out for record store day nov. 26??? so is record store day now biannual?

anyway, cool preview. this sound on what i've heard seems to be a lot warmer and immediate and not the live garagy sound of the big to do. i'm looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to like the mellower side of DBT, so I'm loving it. A couple Patterson songs that don't go anywhere, and not the strongest Cooley record, but a nice companion to The Big To Do. Mercy Buckets and Used To Be A Cop are some of my favorite DBT songs from the last few for sure....

I tend to like the mellower side of DBT, so I'm loving it. A couple Patterson songs that don't go anywhere, and not the strongest Cooley record, but a nice companion to The Big To Do. Mercy Buckets and Used To Be A Cop are some of my favorite DBT songs from the last few for sure....

they each can def. write a gem.

That's nice. I really want to listen to it but it's gonna be a few days until I get enough time.

The Wig He Made Her Wear from TBTD seems like a touchstone for this album. I like Cooly's tunes. again, pretty mellow. good winter album?

The Wig He Made Her Wear from TBTD seems like a touchstone for this album. I like Cooly's tunes. again, pretty mellow. good winter album?

I just finished listening and was coming to the board with the intentions of calling it a "great winter album." Nice call.

Double nice call on the Wig comparison. I was thinking that today when I finally got around to listening to it. I really like Patterson's songs on this one. Definitely better than The Big to Do in my book.

It's kind of sad that this one leaked 2 months ahead of its release date. I guess that's the norm these days.