Beatles coming to iTunes

Wtf? Led Zeppelin, Kid Rock, and Pink Floyd are already on iTunes. The people who wrote this article clearly have no idea what they're talking about.

If anything I think they might be about to announce their cloud service, or their iteration of the Lala software they acquired recently.

Here's the link to the Wall Street Journal story the blog post was based on.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703326204575617004052395816.html#ixzz15OSuK9uJ

For me, this doesn't really mean anything as I have all their songs anyway, but what the hey - it's another ton of money for them to make. I'm sure it will be lovely beside the ton they got last year from the remasters.

“We’re really excited to bring the Beatles’ music to iTunes,” said Sir Paul McCartney. “It’s fantastic to see the songs we originally released on vinyl receive as much love in the digital world as they did the first time around.”

“I am particularly glad to no longer be asked when the Beatles are coming to iTunes,” said Ringo Starr. “At last, if you want it—you can get it now—The Beatles from Liverpool to now! Peace and Love, Ringo.”

“We love the Beatles and are honored and thrilled to welcome them to iTunes,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “It has been a long and winding road to get here. Thanks to the Beatles and EMI, we are now realizing a dream we’ve had since we launched iTunes ten years ago.”

“In the joyful spirit of Give Peace A Chance, I think it is so appropriate that we are doing this on John’s 70th birthday year,” said Yoko Ono Lennon.

“The Beatles on iTunes—Bravo!” said Olivia Harrison.

Quotes from Apple's press release. I like that Ringo is happy he isn't going to be approached by nerds anymore asking about it, and I'm imagining Steve Jobs writing and discarding a lot of Beatles related puns before settling on the one in his quote.

This is the day in the life we've all been waiting for at Apple.

It's been more than a hard day's work getting the Beatle's music onto iTunes

We present to you The Beatles on iTunes, with love from me, Steve Jobs, to you.

It's not available Back in the USSR yet, but once we get the licensing locked down, who knows?

I finally got the Beatles onto iTunes, with a little help from my friends at Apple

Not sure how putting the albums on iTunes is like giving peace a chance, but that's ok, Yoko.

I hadn't heard that - details?

There are tons of counterfeit boxes out there with things like plastic instead of paper sleeves, asian credits on DVD's, typos, missing posters, etc... I would imagine you are only at risk when you buy the used ones but I thought I had heard somewhere that people were buying them new on Amazon and getting the knock offs.

sigh - i sprung for the amazon uk "limited edition" mono box when I missed the presale on regular amazon.

I bought that set last year mostly because I'm a beatles nut. I've read multiple times that the mono albums were the ones that the Beatles really wanted people to hear. Indeed there are variations in some of the versions of songs; however I'm still debating on whether I want to spring for the stereo versions on itunes.

Back to the golden age of vinyl, saw stereo versions of the first two records used and in deplorable condition today at a local record store for $40 a piece. Does that sound crazy to any of you? I've got a decent mono of the second record and haven't really thought about its value in quite a long time. Anyone have any ideas?

Back to the golden age of vinyl, saw stereo versions of the first two records used and in deplorable condition today at a local record store for $40 a piece. Does that sound crazy to any of you? I've got a decent mono of the second record and haven't really thought about its value in quite a long time. Anyone have any ideas?

totally crazy. Millions of LPs were sold and millions are still out there (unless parents threw them away when kids left home.) LPs are being sold at a premium because of demand, but that doesn't mean old stereo or even mono versions of early records are worth that kind of dough. Then again, try and sell them on ebay and I am sure you can get some decent money.

LouieB

I think I'm going to open a record store and do a 100-500% markup on every record I own. I'll finally make my first million.