What are the chances the next Wilco album sucks?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"too sensitive for the internet"

This isn't really an answer. I am not upset or offended by people using aliases. So my sensitivity doesn't enter into it. I am simply curious as to why the vast majority of internet users communicate with aliases. A sincere query.

I love fun. I suppose that when you meet people face-to-face that you wear a black suit, a Samuel L. Jackson as Jules mask and introduce yourself as Jules. Well, upon reflection, if you do that, which I asume that you do, it sounds fun.

Why would I do that?

Why do people get tattoos? Why do people sometimes change their real name or go by their middle name instead of their first?

You've used aliases here: why?

I have several tattoos to mark significant occurences in my life. I can't speak for others. If someone changes their real name then it becomes their real name. If the go by their middle name or a nickname, then it basically becomes their name. Do you go by Recorded Nap outside of the internet the way a middle nameuser would go by it in most situations?

Ellsworth, my original name here, is a nickname. I used it on the only other board I was on at the time and I wanted consistency so folks would know who I was. Colonel Ellsworth Flag(g)? was because a guy with a monkey avatar, Carlos maybe, said that i was the Colonel Flagg of the board. I felt like that was a kind gesture so I changed to Colonel Ellsworth Flagg. A few months later I was thinking about this issue, and it just seemed silly to me to not be me.

For the same reason he goes around asking, "Kammy do it?" whenever he's done talking.

I thought that a signature personalizse you on a board. The ones that I have used have always been related to an interest of mine. I like Soccer A.M. Chris Kamara's skits make me laugh.

I am likely interpreting incorrectly but it seems that my simple question is getting hostile responses. Odd. I apologize for this becoming a threadjack. Maybe some other time in a more appropriate thread. I have to get ready for a Christmas party. Ya'll enjoy the weekend. I envy those of you with snow.

Did it seem sillier when you realized you were never not you?

I concede that this question is above my intellectual paygrade. I apologize for not understanding.

Why would I do that?

Because you do it here. I admit that this is a poor answer.

I thought that a signature personalizse you on a board. The ones that I have used have always been related to an interest of mine. I like Soccer A.M. Chris Kamara's skits make me laugh.

I am likely interpreting incorrectly but it seems that my simple question is getting hostile responses. Odd. I apologize for this becoming a threadjack. Maybe some other time in a more appropriate thread. I have to get ready for a Christmas party. Ya'll enjoy the weekend. I envy those of you with snow.

You're interpreting correctly. Nap likes to fuck with people. She falls on her head a lot.

If I call you Poop Rocket, you're still Doug. If you call you Poop Rocket, you're still Doug. When you were dcarter, you were Doug. You'll always be Doug.

I understand your point now. I think that you knew that I never thought that i was no longer myself. You are sharper than that. You know that I meant that I felt it was silly to engage in social intercourse with an alias. I don't do it out there, so why in here? I must get ready or my wife and I will be late. I want as much eating of the free Christmas feast as possible.

I don't think that the next Wilco album will suck. It may not be their best but i can't imagine it sucking.

Guest Speed Racer

I don't think you're interpreting correctly; I'm certainly not being hostile, I just can't see a reason *to* use your real name except for people who apparently don't feel like themselves when they're not called by their real name.

I signed up here as Speed Racer because I was Speed Racer at a few other sites. I signed up at those places as Speed Racer, because I was taught when the internet was invented that using your real name would get you kidnapped and molested. Now I'm Recorded Nap, because I am. So it goes.