What are the chances the next Wilco album sucks?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't people just use their names on the internet? Sure it may already be taken but you can always put a number after it, make a letter a different case, initial(s), some variant, etc.

I do in fact use my real name here because in grade school I had the most popular boys name, Michael. I disliked the moniker "Michael M." or "Mike M." I've been The High Heat since the age of nine (Wilco Book [cracked] cd song is a fantastic coincidence!), but you can call me Heat, High One, Heater, Double H, or something along those lines. Thanks, kids!

People, does every flippin' thread have to be turned into an RTT? Isn't one "chat room" (RTT) enough for you all? Jeebus.

I just had to read through like 4 pages of this tripe and now my eyes're bleeding.

I was just thinking that it's hard to find a thread anymore that isn't RTT... :yay

It must be the holidays and all the hard eggnog.

You're interpreting correctly. Nap likes to fuck with people. She falls on her head a lot.

Just wait until she gets out of law school...no one will be safe

People, does every flippin' thread have to be turned into an RTT? Isn't one "chat room" (RTT) enough for you all? Jeebus.

I just had to read through like 4 pages of this tripe and now my eyes're bleeding.

You thought someone would soberly and accurately calculate the chances of the album sucking?

Lol, nice try but this was not your original point. Your original point was some silly nonsense about Cline being responsible for the creative decline in Wilco, which made no sense whatsoever and just proved you don't know a lot about the members in this band and the music they make.

And this is in no way relevant in this discussion anyway since this thread is about their next album and not their live shows.

Ehh, no it wasn't. In fact it was nothing of the sort. Do you understand plain English? Get back to me and quote where I said that please.

Go back, read the posts and comprehend them this time.

A little more concentration next time.

Well done, you've made yourself look kinda stupid all by yourself.

You silly, silly boy.

Fair point, I was discussing Wilco and not Jeff. I'd love another Loose Fur or a Tweedy solo album over a new Wilco one at the moment. IMO there's too many members in Wilco and the result can sometimes be very bland. Too many cooks etc... I've said this here before but I much prefer pre-Cline Wilco.

There were so many good songs leftover from the YHF demos, they don't seem to be that prolific anymore. SBS and WTA would have been much better EPs IMO.

There's nothing I'd like more than a return to form and I'm not looking for another YHF/AGIB/ST/BT but I'm not holding my breath. I'll still be buying their records but I don't expect to be blown away anymore. And that's the difference, I used to be really moved by their albums and now I just feel frustrated.

And I draw the line at christianity or any religion for that matter :lol

So despite the numerous mentions of album names and the word 'album' you were actually talking about live shows here?

Lol.

Theremin, you said "Your original point was some silly nonsense about Cline being responsible for the creative decline in Wilco" and I asked you to quote where I said that. You still haven't done that.

I have not mentioned the word 'live' or made a distintion between live and studio albums so I think you're mixing up posts by others.

Keep trying though, you're doing a good job of arguing with yourself.

Why don't people just use their names on the internet? Sure it may already be taken but you can always put a number after it, make a letter a different case, initial(s), some variant, etc.

it is a simple way to express some creativity. or lack thereof.

You forgot that Speed Racer Nap Recorder is always right.

Hey Speed Racer aka Recorded Nap......we traded some Wilco stuff a few years ago. You sent me a couple Austin City limits dvds and I sent you some DC show I recorded. Small world. Now I'm arguing with you on proper use of language and the Wilco suck quotient.

Guest Speed Racer

You thought someone would soberly and accurately calculate the chances of the album sucking?

Yeah, I'm wondering when exactly this thread had potential. :lol One or two tangents aside, it's pretty much stayed on topic; people seem to be pretty eager to discuss whether or not the two most recent album suck.

Correct. Just how Scott Farkus used to be lamrod.

I glad you cleared that up - I was wondering who the hell you were.

As far as the topic goes - WTA is not a favorite of mine, but I think the songs hold up live rather nicely. I am not real fond of I'll Fight, but after the South Bend show I was humming it for few days.

is this the new rtt?

Everything eventually becomes the new RTT

• 2 weeks later...