What are the chances the next Wilco album sucks?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Fellow Wilco-heads,

You are not dumb-asses.

You must know that great records are made by people either in their turbulent youth or in their declining, contemplative years.

Jeff Tweedy, with help, has made several great records in his turbulent youth.

Now he is in the doldrums of middle age, and therefore can not be expected to produce either a work of innovative genius or a statement of reflective wisdom.

The best we can hope for is a record of solidly-written songs performed by a band which has excellent chops.

Will live up to the high standard set by such masterpieces as BT, YHF, and AGIB? No. Will it stoop to the depths of Rod Stewart's American Songbook? No.

If you want your mind to be blown you have to wait a few out.

I hope I'm wrong, and the next one is phenomenal.

Dear Fellow Wilco-heads,

You are not dumb-asses.

You must know that great records are made by people either in their turbulent youth or in their declining, contemplative years.

Jeff Tweedy, with help, has made several great records in his turbulent youth.

Now he is in the doldrums of middle age, and therefore can not be expected to produce either a work of innovative genius or a statement of reflective wisdom.

The best we can hope for is a record of solidly-written songs performed by a band which has excellent chops.

Will live up to the high standard set by such masterpieces as BT, YHF, and AGIB? No. Will it stoop to the depths of Rod Stewart's American Songbook? No.

If you want your mind to be blown you have to wait a few out.

I hope I'm wrong, and the next one is phenomenal.

You don't talk like this around girls, do you?

It can't be any worse than the last album ... right?

I'll say 86%. I'm not optimistic ... though I am hopeful. I do think Tweedy still has great albums in him. I just hope he can find them.

+1

Even though I don't think it will suck.. The last album didn't suck, although by far the weakest Wilco album.

My wife and I have been listening to a lot of Wilco over the past couple of days (lots of holiday driving). First time we've listened to them in ages. We came to the conclusion that there is Wilco, and there is everybody else... They are in their own league and I don't believe they are capable of writing anything that truly sucks..

Nickelback = Sucks

Creed = Sucks

Kid Rock = Sucks

Wilco "You and I" = Not so good, but doesn't suck

This is an Internet message board. This is no place for keeping things in perspective.