What are the chances the next Wilco album sucks?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Taint country music without pedal steel guitar!

Surely with six skilled musicians (and at least one multi-instrumentalist), someone can play pedal steel?

Maybe, but I have never seen any of the current lineup play it. Nels plays lap steel, so maybe he could learn.

LouieB

I think Wilco will do a qawwali album before they will do another AM-style album.

ive never understood the hatred of sbs.i thought it was a good release after agib.now wta on the other hand sounded like a complete pop album to me,except country disappeared.but wilco is famous now so why try that hard to make a good album.i think its time for a line up change.nels is clearly amazing but i dont think you need the best to make a great album,you need drive.pat should be dropped just for his annoying stage presence.but yes a jeff solo album should be made in the studio.

Regrettably......Jeff has moved into comfort groove.....no "Being There" nor "Summerteeh" or even "YHF".......nothing to push MY buttons anymore.....this band is all about playing it safe now....PLEASE suprise me!!!

-Robert

We'll all be surprised when this finally comes out. And pleased too!! It is all going to be fine.

Jeff is a middle aged guy with teenage kids, a few less personal demons, and a world famous band. There are probably no more YHFs or Summerteeth forthcoming, but that doesn't mean what the band is going to do next isn't worthwhile. I am sure it will be interesting in its own way. Many of the musicians have developed significantly since joining the band and the band chemistry is significant. It is all going to fine.

LouieB

even if they put out another pop album like wta,they will always be my favorite band because of their previous albums.tweedy can write like no other so,either way,ill buy the next album.i still think he should put out more books of his writings and record a solo album in studio.