Your favorite artists that don't do a thing for you

Guest Speed Racer

Vampire Weekend. I love to hate those fuckers so bad, I am getting wood.

Fucking Lenny Fucking Kravitz.

Has all the tools to be so great. And yet, he manages to suck so hard every damn time out.

My God does he suck!

Fucking Lenny Fucking Kravitz.

Has all the tools to be so great. And yet, he manages to suck so hard every damn time out.

My God does he suck!

Not every time. His first and second albums contain several minutes of excellent, genuinely soulful material.

But, yeah, he's been absolutely fucking horrible for a long, long time.

Not every time. His first and second albums contain several minutes of excellent, genuinely soulful material.

But, yeah, he's been absolutely fucking horrible for a long, long time.

I think there may be one song on his second album that I kinda liked... it was a Sly & The Family Stone ripoff (as opposed to his usual Hendrix ripoff) that was pretty good.

But, that's waaaayyyyy below the Mendoza line.

It's interesting, when Lenny Kravitz was set to open for U2 (prior to Bono's back issues) all the guys in our group were bummed and all the wives/girlfriends were excited. Must be a bit of a gender thing going on, not just because he is good looking or whatever, they were genuinely looking forward to the music.

I do like "It ain't over til it's over" and a few others but not much.

Now that the Fray is opening for U2 I'm kind of wishing it would go back to Lenny Kravitz.

I think there may be one song on his second album that I kinda liked... it was a Sly & The Family Stone ripoff (as opposed to his usual Hendrix ripoff) that was pretty good.

If you're talking about "Always on the Run", maybe you liked it because Slash wrote the main riff and played on it.

His first album feels more like a Plastic Ono Band ripoff, to me. At least in terms of the sounds of the instruments and the sparse instrumentation.

Fucking John Fucking Mayer.

My God does he suck!

He's not much of a singer or songwriter. Other than being a decent guitar player he has zero tools to be great, ever.

He's not much of a singer or songwriter. Other than being a decent guitar player he has zero tools to be great, ever.

He could have been a great lead guitarist in a band. It's too late for that now, though.

What's that Pink Floyd lyric...

Would you exchange a walk on part in a war for a lead role in a cage?

I think Mayer chose the lead role in a cage. And now he's stuck.

My hump of hate is usually full but I can't think of any artist I torture myself with by listening to enough of their music to hate them...I mean Coldplay sucks but they're way at the edges of my peripheral artistic vision, if you will.

There are artists that began to suck after a couple of excellent releases, for instance U2 and Kings of Leon, stadium rock is a waste of life.